mudlet 1.1.0

honkysaurusrex

mudlet 1.1.0

Post by honkysaurusrex »

I use the older mudlet version cant use the new mudlet version I tried to fix the letter size and colors and it still gives me headachs. can anyone help me make autoskill and spell triggers like I play an assassin that can strangle I cant figure out how to autostrangle in pk also im tryng to have it were when I auto strangle ill cast slow and poison and some other spells on the enemy while he is out for the time being can anyone help me please

honkysaurusrex

Re: mudlet 1.1.0

Post by honkysaurusrex »

ok the type of symbols I need for the mudlet 1 .1.0 is like this ("dropkick "..matches[2]) that is not working
does anyone know the syntax for mudlet 1.1.0

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Put send before it, so it is:

send("dropkick "..matches[2])

honkysaurusrex

Post by honkysaurusrex »

that don't work keeps saying huh

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

So, first, making multiple threads asking for help is probably not the best strategy, particularly when your new threads provide even less detail than the old ones do.

Second, while I admittedly could only find mudlet 1.1.1 for mac, when I installed it, so long as I set the colors and fonts the same, it looked 100% identical to the current mudlet, though the command bar was a different color, obviously. So, I'm really not sure what your complaint is, unless you are simply failing to properly set the colors and fonts to exactly what you need.

The syntax given by Vadi is right. I checked it myself. You should check the box that makes it show the text you send. You probably either have a typo that you aren't seeing, or your regex pattern for the alias isn't capturing your target properly, resulting in an invalid command being sent to the MUD. Pointedly, Mudlet never says "Huh?", that is the MUD getting a command it doesn't recognize.

And, finally, your constant complaints and insistence on using Mudlet 1.1.0, along with your incessant need to be spoon fed everything, without doing any work at all on your end, makes it obvious who you are, even if you use a different forum name. Maybe you should consider trying to actually TRY on your own, you might learn something.

honkysaurusrex

Post by honkysaurusrex »

wow what a fucking asshole, take your head out from within your ass
let me guess did your parents not wanna play with you today it that why your crying

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Regardless of your opinion of me or the answers I provided after testing them myself on as close to the same version as possible, the answers themselves are correct. You can use them, or not. But you won't be able to find anyone who will be able to give you a better answer, regardless of how you ask. Not that I would expect an answer on such a simple question to have been answered incorrectly by one of the main developers for Mudlet, Vadi, in the first place. Clearly, whatever problem you are having is not due to not knowing or having access to the correct syntax for sending commands to the MUD.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

Attack of the six year olds! (+1 Jor'Mox)

honkysaurusrex

Post by honkysaurusrex »

yea it to bad I cant put in a video I would prove you are wrong

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

If you can make a video, you can post a link.

Though, if you do, make sure you go into your settings and have it show the commands you send, and be sure to show the alias and/or trigger you are using, along with it in action, or inaction as the case may be.

Edit:
For your convenience, I have reached out to a friend of mine who has windows, and hopefully he will make a video of making a simple alias in Mudlet 1.1.0 (as opposed to 1.1.1, which I could do). I'll post a link here once I have one. He can be a bit busy, so it may be a day or two.