new user questions

Unagi

new user questions

Post by Unagi »

Hi,
I'm a new user of mudlet, coming from tinyfugue. I'm loving the power of lua and the client, but I have a few questions I hope to get help with:

1) I have a hilite trigger that uses both foreground and background colors, and in my preferred font (lucida console 11, though size doesn't seem to matter), I get some weird displays where the background color is shorter than the foreground text:
http://tinypic.com/r/w6w13t/8

the code for the hilite is:

Code: Select all

local spellname = "combat reload"

local verb = "use"
local target = "none"

selectString(line,1)
setBold(true)
fg("magenta")
bg("orange")
resetFormat()

player:createAction(verb,spellname,target,false,1)
2) I frequently use the up arrow to repeat commands and in tf was used to appending text immediately without having to right arrow or left arrow to deselect text. If I start typing currently, the previous line's text is removed and only the new text remains. Is there some option or means to set it up so that up arrow simply puts the previous input line in the input bar, and does not select the text so that I might immediately append new text?

3) Is there a means to have the down arrow scroll forward through the command history (opposite of the up arrow scrolling back in the command history)?

4) Am I missing a way to change the font in miniconsoles? The only option I see is to change the font size.

Thanks!

Vadi

Re: new user questions

Post by Vadi »

Hello, welcome!

1) Not sure on this one. Does a different font size make a difference?

2) There isn't one, sorry.

3) You can't yet - for cross-compability of scripts between various OSs, miniconsoles are set to the font that Mudlet comes with.

Unagi

Re: new user questions

Post by Unagi »

Hi,

Changing the font size did not change the graphical issue. Changing the font did, so I'm guessing it is that specific font (or an issue specific to my computer).