Issue with reconnect

icesteruk

Issue with reconnect

Post by icesteruk »

I seem to be having issue/had an issue..

When I was connected to the game I play which uses GMCP and I hit reconnect (by accident) somehow my system just stopped working because GMCP stop registering / event handlers.... is this a known bug or just random for me?

really sorry if this is the wrong place for me to post this :/

Vadi

Re: Issue with reconnect

Post by Vadi »

I haven't seen this happen. How did you verify that GMCP stopped working?

icesteruk

Post by icesteruk »

it might not be gmcp but the system varaibles via the event handler stop registering..

like I use 'system.stats.siphealth' which tracks my health in %.. if i click reconnect and hit myself it will stay 100 and not change like it would if i didnt click reconnect.. soo I thought it would be GMCP or event handlers? but not 100% certain just the variables without the event handlers stop..

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

There could be a lot of things that make your systems tracking stop working, including bugs in the system. It's not possible to comment given this factor alone.

icesteruk

Post by icesteruk »

Vadi wrote:There could be a lot of things that make your systems tracking stop working, including bugs in the system. It's not possible to comment given this factor alone.

if you play a game with gmcp try it.. click reconnect while connected and logged in as its not just MY system who gets this error ...

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

You're using Mudbot, aren't you?

icesteruk

Post by icesteruk »

fetaera wrote:You're using Mudbot, aren't you?

Yes .. but Ive tested it without mudbot too (a few people who told me about it dont use mudbot)