iOS Installation Error

Herenicus

iOS Installation Error

Post by Herenicus »

Hello everyone! I am in the process of migrating over to a MacBook Pro and I am encountering a problem with installing Mudlet 2.1. After placing the .app in my Applications folder and firing it up...

Mudlet 2.1 begins running,. I start it and get this:

[ OK ] - Lua module rex_pcre loaded
[ OK ] - Lua module zip loaded
[ OK ] - Lua module lfs loaded
[ OK ] - Lua module sqlite3 loaded
[ OK ] - mudlet-lua API & Geyser Layout manager loaded.
[ INFO ] - looking up the IP address of server:achaea.com:23 ...
[ INFO ] - The IP address of achaea.com has been found. It is: 69.65.42.198
[ INFO ] - trying to connect to 69.65.42.198:23 ...
[ INFO ] - A connection has been established successfully.

Rapture Runtime Environment v2.2.0 -- (c) 2012

Everything looks normal. Then when I open up the Package Manager, which at this point has nothing in it, and click the Install button… Mudlet 2.1 quit unexpectedly. I am given the option to reopen the application and when I do it begins with this message:

[ ERROR ] cannot find Lua module rex_pcre. Some functions may not be available.no error message
available from Lua
[ ERROR ] cannot find Lua module lfs (Lua File System).no error message available from Lua
[ ERROR ] cannot find Lua module luasql.sqlite3. Database support will not be available.no error
message available from Lua
[ ERROR ] - LuaGlobal.lua compile error - please report!cannot open mudlet-lua/lua/LuaGlobal.lua:
No such file or directory

Vadi

Re: iOS Installation Error

Post by Vadi »

What if you don't place it into the Applications folder, but just run as-is from the zip?

Herenicus

Post by Herenicus »

The .zip expands into a .app upon opening, and I hit the same error when running the .app from my desktop.

[ ERROR ] cannot find Lua module rex_pcre. Some functions may not be available.no error message
available from Lua
[ ERROR ] cannot find Lua module lfs (Lua File System).no error message available from Lua
[ ERROR ] cannot find Lua module luasql.sqlite3. Database support will not be available.no error
message available from Lua
[ ERROR ] - LuaGlobal.lua compile error - please report!cannot open mudlet-lua/lua/LuaGlobal.lua:
No such file or directory
[ INFO ] - looking up the IP address of server:achaea.com:23 ...
[ INFO ] - The IP address of achaea.com has been found. It is: 69.65.42.198
[ INFO ] - trying to connect to 69.65.42.198:23 ...
[ INFO ] - A connection has been established successfully.

Herenicus

Post by Herenicus »

I don't know if it helps, but the crash only happens after clicking the Install button on the Packages menu.

Paik

Post by Paik »

Bump. I'm having this exact same issue, exact same messages. Running OSX 10.8.5. What was the final solution for this?

Paik

Post by Paik »

I'm having this exact same problem on my Macbook as well, with the same error messages. Running 10.8.5. Did we ever find a way to resolve it?