Runtime error

whachoe

Re: Runtime error

Post by whachoe »

well. it's very repeatable here. i just can't use the getPath() or speedwalk or whatever advanced mapper function that's related to getPath.
My workaround at the moment is highlighting a room and running there manually.

Also tried cleaning registry with CCleaner (as was suggested on the wiki), rebooted, but still get the same error. Double click on a room also triggers the crash. I'll try to narrow it down more, but windows isn't very helpful when trying to pinpoint these kinds of problems :(

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

So it is 100% of the time?

chris

Post by chris »

My guess is something is corrupt with the boost library. You've tried reinstalling?

whachoe

Post by whachoe »

uninstalled mudlet, rebooted, reinstalled. Still get the error on a virgin profile.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Looks like a broken map. Download the original IRE map -> preferences -> mapper

whachoe

Post by whachoe »

it's not an IRE-mud, i mapped with gmcp.room-info. I'll delete my maps and try again from scratch to see if that solves something

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Don't delete them :), send me a copy of the broken map please. I'll take a look.

whachoe

Post by whachoe »

i have a copy of the broken maps, no worry. But you were right. Something had gone wrong somewhere...
After removing the maps and starting over, it worked again - more or less. When using gotoRoom, i get an error that doSpeedwalk uses a nil-value. But i solved this by writing my own speedwalk-function that uses the global tables provided by getPath().
These are maps of Materia Magica btw. I'm slowly assembling a nice interface for the mud, and in the progress bumping against some mudlet-hurdles, so you might hear noob-questions and bugreports again :)
Attachments
02-07-2013#06-14-46map.zip
broken map file
(117.13 KiB) Downloaded 319 times

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Your map works fine and doesn't crash with the latest dev version of Mudlet which has some major changes in the mapper backend code. I'll make a new windows binary by the end of this week.

whachoe

Post by whachoe »

That's great news! Thanks for looking into this and keep up the good work. I really like where this client is going :mrgreen: