Mapper Script for New Worlds Ateraan?

shanster86

Mapper Script for New Worlds Ateraan?

Post by shanster86 »

Hi there,
I've been browsing the forums a bit, and I'm having some difficulty finding a mapping script for the mud I'm currently playing, New Worlds Ateraan. It's not an IRE, and I don't know the first thing about coding. (I'm not sure on how to get a mapper working in the first place) It looks really confusing, but, if anyone can help point me in the right direction for a mapping script that would work on this game, I would really, really appreciate it. Any help, really or advice would work wonders, too.

Caldazar

Re: Mapper Script for New Worlds Ateraan?

Post by Caldazar »

Resurrecting this topic as I have exactly the same question :)

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

The short answer is that if you aren't comfortable getting your hands dirty and doing some significant coding, you can't get the mapper working on your own. So if there isn't one already made, you are out of luck. It most definitely is not a project for someone who isn't quite comfortable coding. If you are lucky, you might be able to convince one of the people that have done mapping scripts before to log on to your game and adjust one to work for it.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That's pretty much true. I'd love for this pain point to be removed, but it comes down to people being able to maintain mappers for X set of MUDs that are similar... and people come and go.

Caldazar

Post by Caldazar »

I understand, well, with a bit of luck someone has already gone through the process and replies here

jasjasjas

Post by jasjasjas »

I, too, was just looking this up! Hopefully someone could figure it out - or at the very least, there's a game out there with a similar sort of room layout that has a script that can be adjusted. One of the issues with NWA is that the rooms are sometimes sized differently (at least, that's how I imagine it) so you have a bunch of weird overlap if you try to grid them as identical sizes - something I noticed while trying it with pen and paper. For the most part, it -should- be somewhat straightforward... but I say that as a non-coder.

Caldazar

Post by Caldazar »

I'd already be completely happy if there was a way I could just right click, create room on the mapper and draw lines. Without making scripts to automate it

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Caldazar wrote:I'd already be completely happy if there was a way I could just right click, create room on the mapper and draw lines. Without making scripts to automate it
OK, this is something that can indeed be added to the client without much hassle in the next release.

jasjasjas

Post by jasjasjas »

Oh, that's absolutely brilliant. Awesome!

xilibri

Post by xilibri »

So did anything ever come of this? This is a pretty active game. Are there any projects out working on this? Or maybe have a mapper script that works with this MUD?