Mudlet 3.1.0 available!

Nyyrazzilyss

Re: Mudlet 3.1.0 available!

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

FYI: The highlight colour after searching was changed to white text on a yellow background.

This is completely unreadable :(

Vooku

Post by Vooku »

I agree. The yellow highlight is bad. No contrast with the white text. Please either change text to black or go back to the red highlighting.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The highlight change is an accident - will be fixed in the next release 3.2 in the first week of June. Sorry about that!

palaver

Post by palaver »

Hello there.

I have only ever used the web client of the MUD I love. I would like to try Mudlet, having read lots of good things about it.

I am trying to get the latest version for Ubuntu. This seems to me the easiest path, since my only deck is a Chromebook.

I'm also a total newcomer to Linux, which I am studying and experimenting with. Everything I'm doing is from the command line, so I used apt-get to install Mudlet, and I ended up with version 1.2, I think. I installed the PPA and tried to update, but no dice.

Would anyone be able, and willing, to give me quite specific guidance? Thanks.

palaver

Post by palaver »

Well, I tried a different way and now seem to have Mudlet 3.1.0 running. Very exciting!

I haven't yet tried to make triggers or anything, but I have a quick question. As soon as I connect, I see an error message:

Cannot find Lua model zip.
Lua error: Error loading module 'zip' from file '/tmp/.mount/MOnGZJ/lib/zip.so':
libzzip-0.so.13: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Everything else seems to have worked fine. A little help?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Will fix that! Sorry. If you can find and install a lua-zip package, it'll do as a workaround!

palaver

Post by palaver »

How can I make sure that Mudlet finds the Lua installation? Complete Linux newbie here, so please excuse if this is a silly question.

xabre

Post by xabre »

For a start: it's working. :)
Am not sure which distro you're using, but regardless: a) if you installed it via prebuilt package, everythin should be installed as a dependancy, b) if you're compiling it on your own, you wouldn't be able to compile it without needed dependancies installed.

Unless you were aiming at something more specific than that, in which case please explain it with more details.

palaver

Post by palaver »

@xabre: It is working. Thank you.

palaver

Post by palaver »

Probably a silly question. When I go to my Aliases list, I see three folders already there: deleteOldProfiles, echo, and run-lua-code-v4. Those need to be there, and should not be messed with, correct?