Identify a trigger via Mudlet's numbering system?

Akaxi

Identify a trigger via Mudlet's numbering system?

Post by Akaxi »

Hi,

I recently decided to revamp how a bunch of my information is displayed (instead of filtering some content to custom windows, with brief custom messages, I'm just going to reformat how it is displayed in the main window). Since this involves a lot of triggers, I don't want to make all the modifications by hand, and decided to just modify the .xml file with a little Python script.

Of course, a bit of debugging is required; there are a couple messages that aren't being reformatted properly. When I re-import the triggers into mudlet, an entire folder does not come along with it, so I can't see which particular triggers are at fault. Mudlet gives me a single error message upon import:

Code: Select all

Lua syntax error:[string "function Trigger566().."]:2: unfinished string near ""
My question is: is there an easy way to determine which trigger Trigger566 is? Something in Mudlet itself would be easiest, but since I'm already modifying the source file directly, it'd be simple to just look for the 566th instance of </Trigger>, if that would do it.

Thanks!

Akaxi

Re: Identify a trigger via Mudlet's numbering system?

Post by Akaxi »

Problem solved, I realized that mudlet imports everything in the order it is contained in the trigger tree, until it hits the bug, whereupon it stops. So I could navigate directly to it after all.

I cross-posted this question elsewhere, and someone wrote up a very nice blurb about using lua's debug functions, including functional code. I thought I'd post a link in case anyone else with a similar need comes across this thread.

Vadi

Re: Identify a trigger via Mudlet's numbering system?

Post by Vadi »

ixokai wrote a mudlet-release.py script; it might be useful to look at as it doesn't have issues upon re-importing.