Creating the Theme of Avalon on Mudlet...

Yvesran

Creating the Theme of Avalon on Mudlet...

Post by Yvesran »

Hey, so...
I've recently gotten into the MUD Avalon. I'm loving it so for, especially the way it looks,except for one thing:

The map is really hard to read. Like, it's hard to move around because of it. The map shown on Mudlet is much, much better.

But I don't like how the rest of it looks! (I often end up missing messages because of how it fades into the rest of the text, and words get jumbled). Is there some way to make my Mudlet client look more like how Avalon does, while keeping the superior map? I'm not a coder, at all. It's why I've come to all of you for help. Thanks for your insight,

Yvesran
Last edited by Yvesran on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vadi

Re: Creating the Theme of Avalon on Mudlet...

Post by Vadi »

I'm afraid the screenshots are tiny, hard to see!

Yvesran

Post by Yvesran »

Thanks for letting me know! I've fixed it.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

So, what their problem is is pretty clear, they are failing to handle leading spaces in lines, which should be a pretty trivial thing for them to fix, if that is the only problem you have with their client.

That said, it should be possible to mimic the appearance and behavior of their client to a reasonable degree, though depending on your coding ability, it may present challenges, especially if they don't provide a back-channel data stream. If, on the other hand, they have something like GMCP, it would likely be significantly simpler to provide a high quality interface without needing more complex code that would be required to handle everything based strictly off of the text displayed on the screen.

blodhgarm

Post by blodhgarm »

any updates on your issue?