Freeze on disabliing MCCP2 compression

Darva

Freeze on disabliing MCCP2 compression

Post by Darva »

I'm working on a basic socketmud base, and I'm using mudlet when connecting, and everything is fine, unless I disable MCCP2 while already connected. If I do that, I completely stop receiving text from the mud. (it's still sent, mudlet just won't display it.) It was driving me to distraction until I decided to try TinTin++ for a quick comparison, it works perfectly fine, so I'm fairly sure the problem isn't with the basic socketmud MCCP2 code.

Am I wrong? Is there some special notice I need to send above and beyond z_stream_end for mudlet to know that the server is no longer compressing data?

Furthermore: Seriously? "Freeze on disabling MCCP2" is too similar to "Disabling Trigger Groups" to be posted? Seriously? I'm gonna have to misspell disabling intentionally to be able to post this aren't i? (Answer: yes. )

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Freeze on disabliing MCCP2 compression

Post by Heiko »

1. I think that you can still post even though the the topic similarity checks on this forum are a bit bizarre to say the least ;)

2. Disabling MCCP mid session isn't supported by Mudlet because it's simply not a real world problem. Why would a server want to do this in the first place? That said, a server certainly needs to support this feature, but not a client.

3. Nice that you're working on new server. To get the most out of Mudlet it should support telnet GA after prompt to enable automatic unequivocal prompt detection, xterm 256 colors, ATCP and GMCP.

demonnic

Re: Freeze on disabliing MCCP2 compression

Post by demonnic »

The similarity check isn't so much to keep you from posting, as to alert you to posts which may potentially be the same as the one you're about to type up. A sort of last minute, even if you didn't search "Hey, did you check these out, they might have your answer" . It's definitely not intended to keep anyone from actually posting, though.