Key bindings

fredrik

Key bindings

Post by fredrik »

In zmud, ctrl+k and the desired key can be used to fast change the function of the key/macro very fast. This is extremely useful for me since I keep my targets of the F1 - F5 keys and sometimes need to change the order or targets in the middle of fights.

Does it exist a similar command in mudlet that let me change the key in a similar way?

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Key bindings

Post by Heiko »

I'm not familiar with zmud or cmud. However, you can make tons of keybindings for the same keys, put them into groups and enable/disable the respective groups via scripts or keys that run scripts at any time effectively adapting the keybindings for the current situation. Mudlet's keybindings are very flexible.

fredrik

Post by fredrik »

Thank you for your answer:)

I understand that the system mudlet uses is very flexible, and I must say I'm very impressed with it's progress in so short time. I have used zmud for like 10 years and I dont expect mudlet to function exactly like it, I merely need some basic things to work out for me so I can use mudlet instead of it.

Unfortunately I doubt that writing a series of complex scripts and triggers will do the work for me. What I use is for example F1 = pk1 name1,name2 F2 = pk2 name3,name4. Let's say name5 jumps in unexpected and I need to put him between name1 and name2 under my F1 key. In zmud I can hit ctrl+F1 and I get a textbox up that I can change in two seconds, pointing my mouse to get inside settings and look up the key in a list just takes too long time. Oh and it's not only the targets I rearrange, I sometimes need to change pk1 to pk2 etc.

Any tips how this can be solved is much appreciated, I doubt I'm the only one with the need to fast rearrange my targets/commands and their order in combat.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I suggest that you do a more complex script that handles your F key targeting automatically. If you post more details, I'm sure you'll get plenty of help on how to do this.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

fredrik wrote:Thank you for your answer:)

I understand that the system mudlet uses is very flexible, and I must say I'm very impressed with it's progress in so short time. I have used zmud for like 10 years and I dont expect mudlet to function exactly like it, I merely need some basic things to work out for me so I can use mudlet instead of it.

Unfortunately I doubt that writing a series of complex scripts and triggers will do the work for me. What I use is for example F1 = pk1 name1,name2 F2 = pk2 name3,name4. Let's say name5 jumps in unexpected and I need to put him between name1 and name2 under my F1 key. In zmud I can hit ctrl+F1 and I get a textbox up that I can change in two seconds, pointing my mouse to get inside settings and look up the key in a list just takes too long time. Oh and it's not only the targets I rearrange, I sometimes need to change pk1 to pk2 etc.

Any tips how this can be solved is much appreciated, I doubt I'm the only one with the need to fast rearrange my targets/commands and their order in combat.
In all honesty, this sounds needlessly complex. It's not hard to track who enters a fight. What I do is keep a list of personal enemies and have a script watch for their entry into a battle. If they enter I get a label that lists targets in the area, prioritized. You could use the same concept, but in addition to listing them you would also have the script set the macro to your desired targets, and have the list show you which key they're under. Priority listing would automatically have F1 be prime target and so forth.

BMUDenthusiast

Post by BMUDenthusiast »

I have not read any posts that solve my particular issue, or even address it, but didnt want to ignore the red text message at the bottom stating my topic is similar to others.

Similar but never the same, so heres the issue im having.

I am currently using Mudlet in Linux on Virtual Machine by Oracle. Not sure this matters.

I have read the wiki and the solution doesnt matter, because my Keypad doesnt use "Keypad + number" it uses "Keypad + direction"

So when trying to set Keypad + 8 to north and Keypad + 2 to south, it is ignored.

Instead of moving me north or south, it ignores the keybinding completely and moves up and down in my input bar, as if im pressing the up arrow or down arrow. Which confuses me again because west and east work fine, but north and south do not.

I assume this is because up and down are also the same as the up and down arrow keys. I am unsure why I need two sets of arrow keys but this computer, has that set up.

I realize this isnt a huge issue, I can simply type in e n s w u d every time i want to move, but id rather keypad it.

As im used to doing this, its frustrating when I build.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Try turning numpad on or off, does that help?

Also, any reason you need to use Virtualbox?

BMUDenthusiast

Post by BMUDenthusiast »

I just figured it out.

Theres a lot of keys on this keyboard im afraid to touch. But the "FN" key, and I feel stupid, is function and I pressed it and numlock and it turned off.

I apologize for wasting your time with this >.<

I use virtualmachine because I cant figure out how to dual boot Linux on Windows, or boot Linux from a USB (this computer ignores boot order and boot selection and boots the way it wants every time)

Thank you very much for your reply and allowing me to post my issue.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Hey, glad to hear you got it arrived! Mudlet works on Windows though as well.