Miniconsole Font Changed

Jor'Mox

Re: Miniconsole Font Changed

Post by Jor'Mox »

Just in case, I tried reverting to a previous profile from several days ago, and the changed font persisted, so I don't think this is something that would be expected to show up in the profile. Granted, I have no idea where it WOULD show up, since I don't know where to look, but I thought the info might be useful.

If there are no more ideas, I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling Mudlet 2.1, to see if maybe there was some change in resource files or something that caused the issue.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

So, I tried completely deleting Mudlet 2.1 and redownloading/installing it... and the problem persists. The font issue carries over to other profiles that also use mini-consoles. I also tried deleting the entire folder in which the profiles folder (and the fonts included along with Mudlet) are contained, so that they would be recreated, in case they were part of the problem. Still nothing.

Granted, I'm on a Mac, so "uninstalling" was basically just deleting the application file, and "installing" was unzipping a newly downloaded one, and dragging the resulting file into my applications folder where the old one was. But still. I assume there must be something that I'm missing, but I don't know what it might be.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

I think that Mudlet 2.1 uses Qt 4.x which gets its settings for fonts and such like configured by the "qtconfig" utility, Qt 5.x OTOH, used by the Mudlet 3.0.0 previews gets its settings, unless overridden by the application from the "system" in some "other" way...

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

So, is there some way you can think of to reset this? Do I need to track down something related to QT?

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

I'm not a MacOs expert but I wonder whether something has messed up your fonts more generally or at least as far as for Qt. Further research has shown that the MacOS version of Qt 4.x DOES NOT have qtconfig and that has been causing awkwardness for some years!

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

So, any idea where whatever setting might be involved here is stored so I can make it go away? I was really hoping that using a fresh install would fix it, and everything I find on my system that mentions "QT" is just quick time, and there is nothing for Mudlet that I can find outside of the two locations that I already tried deleting.

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

Um, I'd want to cry "Vadim?!" at this point as I believe he is more knowledgeable on Apple things...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I have this happen to me on Linux as well - I don't remember why does it happen, and I think I got used to it before trying to look too much. Sorry, don't have an answer right now.