Mudlet randomly disconnecting, no sign of lag. Halp D:

Daklore

Mudlet randomly disconnecting, no sign of lag. Halp D:

Post by Daklore »

So, like the subject says, for the past... two-ish months, mudlet has been randomly disconnecting me from muds. I have considered the possibility of it being my internet, but, normally when my internet lags out, I disconnect from the game and get a disconnected from socket almost immediatly--whether I do anything or not.

Right now, however, I can disconnect, and if I'm afk enough and not really paying attention to the mud, the "disconnected from socket" message can take half an hour or more to appear--depends on how long it takes me to try and do something in mudlet that it finally tells me i'm not connected. I mostly play Achaea, so, I can rule out things like timing out--it's set at 15 minutes and I generally at least pay attention enough to avoid timing out(with a trigger telling me if I'm not focused on the window). I can however, stealth-disconnect before the 15 minute timout can occur--fastest I've been stealth-d/c'd is about seven minutes, average is around 18 minutes... on rare occassion, I can actually stay connected for hours without getting stealth dropped.

I don't know what this is, I don't know why, I need help... and while I am willing to admit it is my internet, if my internet was stealth-d/cing me, it should also be interupting background internet processes, like streams(for the record, I can run three streams on source setting and generate no lag... with a steam game downloading in the background at a relatively decent pace--and yes, I have done this before... no lag or buffering in the streams even occured).

So.... ... haaaalp.

Vadi

Re: Mudlet randomly disconnecting, no sign of lag. Halp D:

Post by Vadi »

It sounds like your router is dropping the inactive connection. Can you see anything relevant in router settings?

Daklore

Post by Daklore »

Well, if I know what those were, where those were, and what nominal settings were, I'd tell you... but otherwise... no idea whatsoever. It only recently started doing this, so unless my ISP altered them for some reason(can they even do that?) then, I dunno.

But yeah, I don't know where, what, or how those are. I only click the thing that makes the internet go. XD

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

DId you get your router from your ISP? If yes, contact them about this and mention that inactive connections are dropped and you don't want that (this would require a techinically-mnded customer service rep).