achaea: compass, gauges, map, big prompt, chat balance check

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Heiko
Site Admin

achaea: compass, gauges, map, big prompt, chat balance check

Post by Heiko »

Usage:
1. get beta-10pre4. Make a new profile and import the xml file. Open trigger editor and save profile (icon with 2 discs on the right side) Then quit Mudlet and restart.
2. Then you need to tell the package where the "gfx" folder is located on your system. scripts->guikit->image location. Adjust the path to the folder gfx to your system. The folder gfx is a part of the package and contains the images for the compass.
3. set your current max stats for the gauges: scripts->guikit->stats

You can walk with the num pad or by clicking on the compass.
The prompt will show if you have lost balance etc.

Have fun.
Attachments
achaea_gui_package.zip
(66.37 KiB) Downloaded 902 times
achaea_gui_pack_screen.png

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: achaea: package with compass, map, big prompt and chat

Post by Heiko »

I updated the package as it didn't work on windows. It works now.
The path to your images needs to be eclosed in [[ your path ]] If you are on windows. " yourpath " doesnt work because windows uses backslashes which are interpreted wrongly by Lua. Pay attention that your path ends with [[yourpathtofoldergfx\gfx\]]

I'll work on a package system that includes images right away, so users don't have to mess with path specifications.

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: achaea: compass, gauges, map, big prompt, chat balance check

Post by Heiko »

The package has been updated again as there were a few bugs that showed after testing it on Mac OSX.

Centi

Post by Centi »

Could you possibly tell me how to fix these two problems I'm having?

Here's a screeny:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/Lo ... chaea1.jpg

First problem is that the map and chat window arent working at all?

Second problem.. those highlighted green words that started at the bottom of the screen, in giant text, and used to fade...... No longer fade, and moved, and are Always there =X Sooo annoying.

Thanks!

Centi

Post by Centi »

Oh, my compass doesnt show Down/In/Out/Up?

Also I now cant see text exits either... Which means if there IS a down or something, I dont know unless someone else tells me, or vadimapper shows it.

Meep!

Caled

Post by Caled »

To get exits to show, go into the large filter trigger in Heiko's script, and somewhere in all that, right at the bottom of one of the script sections is "deleteline()"
Comment this out with -- at the start of it, and the exits will be displayed again. That was the first thing I did.
--deleteLine()

For in/out/up/down, you need to find, draw, or get someone else to, some small pictures representing those directions first. If you do this (and I suspect it is a fairly simple process in photoshop/gimp) then someone can help you to get them working (also, please share them, hehe).

I don't recall how doors look in Achaea, but if they are like: "north(open)" - i.e. the same as they appear in Aetolia - then you need to another change. One of the patterns is something like:

[,\s]?(\w+)[,\.\s]
change it to
[,\s]?(\w+)[,\.\s\(]
otherwise it won't recognise exits with doorways.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

This package is meant as a demo package to show people how to do certain things themselves.
However, I'd add the door/up/down exits if you supply some grafix for them (simple png images will do, best with a transparent background).
You can also make a prettier compass if you like. I made the current compass in 5 minutes using gnu-gimp.

As to the bugs: There have been several bugs in beta-13 that have been fixed now. I'll post beta-14 later this weekend.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Heiko wrote:This package is meant as a demo package to show people how to do certain things themselves.
However, I'd add the door/up/down exits if you supply some grafix for them (simple png images will do, best with a transparent background).
You can also make a prettier compass if you like. I made the current compass in 5 minutes using gnu-gimp.

As to the bugs: There have been several bugs in beta-13 that have been fixed now. I'll post beta-14 later this weekend.
The compass script has become a bit of a favourite of mine. I've modified it a bit, and if I can work out how to duplicate the images to add the extra directions, I will add those, then post the script as I have it now.
I added 2 global vars, compassX and compassY so the whole cluster of compass images can be moved around together. I created functions for the click-callback, and use these to lay traps in those directions. I have been considering making red versions of the images (should be an easy change - even with my limited photoshop knowledge) to display closed doors.

There is no point in me posting the xml for it yet though, as it is all still a work in progress. Along with most of my whole profile, to be honest :?

Is it possible to describe labels with css?

Arkholt

Post by Arkholt »

So, this only works with achaea? Or will it work with other MUDs?

Caled

Post by Caled »

The concepts will work with any mud, but you may need to change the trigger patterns a little. It is a demo, so the idea is for you to look at the scripts, figure out what they are doing, and then use them as a backbone for your own script.