Mapper mud ReLod, "landsofdarkness"

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
nimrod

Mapper mud ReLod, "landsofdarkness"

Post by nimrod »

Hi everybody, i play on landsofdarkness mud. A few week ago i download this pretty client, but i don't know why i can't use mapper. i can't mapper with autowalking on the rooms and i don't know why. i need some help. Thank to everybody and good play :)

Jor'Mox

Re: Mapper mud ReLod, "landsofdarkness"

Post by Jor'Mox »

The mapper is just an interface. There needs to be a significant amount of code and such to actually capture data for the mapper to use, as well as to use previously captured data. Unless you downloaded a mapper script for that game (or made one yourself), you won't be able to actually use it.

nimrod

Post by nimrod »

i think there isn't a script for this mud...i search on this forum and i don't find nothing....what could i do? Thanks :)

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

So, I'm definitely NOT the guy to ask about mapping. But, if you can catch the attention of a few that know something about it, there is some info they will need.

First, what is the address for the MUD (because it may be that they can answer one of their questions more quickly by just visiting it than by asking you)?

Second, what sort of information is available for mapping purposes? Do you ONLY have room names and descriptions, or do you have VNUMs or some other sort of system in place to help uniquely identify rooms?

Third, is there any extra info available in the MUD, beyond the text you see on the screen? For example, does your MUD use GMCP, or something similar?

And fourth, what is your level of comfort in terms of coding and such? Because, unless there is a script already made that is close enough to be easily adapted to your MUD, you may need to do some of the work yourself to get it functional.