Speedwalk recorder

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
demonnic

Speedwalk recorder

Post by demonnic »

This came up in the IRC channel, figured I'd go ahead and make a package of it. Makes use of the speedwalk() function, and uses a 0.4 second delay as written.

usage:

speedrecord <name of speedwalk route>

This begins the recording. When you do this, it activates an alias which consumes everything you put in the command line and adds it to the route it is recording. When done, type

stopRecording

and it will end the recording mode and add the route to the list of routes it knows. To walk the route:

swalk <name of speedwalk route>

And if you want to walk it in reverse:

rwalk <name of speedwalk route to reverse>

It should remember speedwalks between restarts.
Attachments
speedWalkRecorder.zip
(862 Bytes) Downloaded 896 times

neutrino

Re: Speedwalk recorder

Post by neutrino »

Thank you so much for this! Tried to write this exact thing myself and failed. In my defense, I started using mudlet yesterday.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Always glad to hear someone is getting something useful out of the scripts I put together.

solath

Post by solath »

This is an excellent addition to my Mudlet environment! It allows me to create and save speedwalks without having to look them up, and I can do so while playing the game. Integrated beautifully into gameplay.

Thank you so much for this, it has made my navigation of the game world much easier and it's easy to use.

solath

Post by solath »

I was thinking, it would be nice to be able to show a list of the swalks that you have previously recorded, like a list of the names of all of your walks.

solath

Post by solath »

So I'm having trouble with your script on the two machines that I play from;
On both machines, the recorder does not save speedwalks between program runs. Sort of... let me explain: Between runs, if i try to execute a speedwalk that i had previously recorded it does nothing. Usually if I try to execute a speedwalk that doesnt exist I get the error message "I don't know how to get to __". This does not happen, nothing occurs and I don't move anywhere.
So it seems the name of the speedwalk is recorded, but none of the directions to actually move. However if I record a speedwalk during play I can use this speedwalk propoerly as long as I'm running mudlet, but as soon as I restart the program all of my speedwalks dissapear.

Do you or anyone else here know what might have caused this? If so, is there any way I can fix it?

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

I know this was a while back, but are you still having an issue with this? I'm trying to get caught up on bug fixing and the like now that I've regained some free time.

solath

Post by solath »

And I'm sorry for the time lapse in my reply as well. Yes this is still an issue (Windows 7 ad Ubuntu linux)

kinza

Post by kinza »

Here are the contents of a sort of example alias to show some different timers, with and without css and container binding. For my own testing I just put it in an alias with pattern ^animateme$ . The gauges themselves aren't fancy, but that's because I slapped thew alias together in a few seconds. Using CSS you could do some pretty wicked things with these.
KINZA

bobojobaxter

Post by bobojobaxter »

solath wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:48 pm
I was thinking, it would be nice to be able to show a list of the swalks that you have previously recorded, like a list of the names of all of your walks.
You could add an alias that did that. call it something like ^paths$ and it could just be display(sw)...