GMCP Inventory Organizer (Achaea)

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Manni

Re: GMCP Inventory Organizer (Achaea)

Post by Manni »

Darmir wrote:How do you set Char.Items 1. That is in your instructions.
Also when I look at the scripts the gmcp_inv_utility is disabled saying there is an error in lua. This is the following error:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
Lua syntax error:[string "...":58:attempt to index global 'string' (a string value)

strange... it shouldn't be doing that. It's how the script alphabetizes the inventory. Are you calling a function you shouldn't?

the script at line 58 is this for me:
string.rpad = function(str, len, char)
    if char == nil then char = ' ' end
    return string.rep(char, len - #str) .. str
end

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

I have the same as you on that line. I think it may have to do with step 2 on your instructions page. How do you set that to 1?

Are you updating the link in the first post with the latest xml file? I think mine isn't the latest.

Here is what I am getting in the error log:
[ERROR:] object:<prompt detector> function:<Trigger22>
         <[string "function Trigger22()..."]:4: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'maxHealth' 
(a nil value)>

Manni

Post by Manni »

You're running fancy GUI aren't you? I don't think that the error is because of this script... unless GMCP messes with the that GUI

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Hello.

Manni, the new edition of the script (updated on the first post) DOES send 'show gold' after the worn items are shown. I had an error in the function that was checking my personal tables (that don't exist in the scope of this plugin) and it was causing an error. This is fixed now.

As for the error on

Code: Select all

object:<prompt detector> function:<Trigger22>
That is not within this plugin, and this plugin should not be causing that error.

Can you uninstall the version you have currently, and then re download and test this update please?

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Darmir wrote:Hey I just saw this and decided to try it, but when I run the inv command I get the following:
You are holding:
(
My inventory isn't displaying and I have let it get the prompt quite a few times before I ran it. I have checked and I do have GMCP enabled. What am I missing?
Please download the newest version from the first post. This error I've seen caused because of the way I was counting items previously. It should be fixed.

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

I downloaded it from the first post. Can you re-link it here so I know I am getting the correct one.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Darmir wrote:I downloaded it from the first post. Can you re-link it here so I know I am getting the correct one.
Be sure you are overwriting the old GMCP_INV.xml, as well as removing the old package from mudlet ,before loading this new one please.

<Link removed, no longer valid>
Last edited by Rakon on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

I must be doing something wrong. I have removed the old GMCP_INV.xml and removed the package from mudlet. I downloaded this new one and I am still getting the old file. I don't see any of the new changes.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Darmir, check your private messages please.

Also, you should be able to use the following to ensure that GMCP is sending the char.items info for mudlet:

Code: Select all

sendGMCP("Core.Supports.Add Char.Items 1")
That is a function, and will need to either be run in an alias (once) or on the command line with a proper parsing command for 'execute lua from command line' , like the package that Vadi has made.
Last edited by Rakon on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manni

Post by Manni »

with the show gold. I see it now, but the send line is in the very last if statement and for some reason not showing, I shifted it to after the if statement and it works perfectly. Thanks again!