GMCP Inventory Organizer (Achaea)

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Manni

Re: GMCP Inventory Organizer (Achaea)

Post by Manni »

I'd like to be able to use the wield table in your inventory script, but it doesn't update when a weapon is wielded or unwielded until you check your inventory. I would try and modify the script to update on change, but gmcp coding like this is way too far over my head, and I've no clue where to start. if you could point me in the right direction for that I would greatly appreciate it.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

you can actually send a request for an update to any table at any time, meaning you wouldn't actually need to check your inventory (unless they've changed the request procedure since I wrote my scripts).

That being said though, I've always found it more effective to keep track of your weapons in a table and use an alias to explicitly change wielded weapons. This means you would always know what you've equipped and not need to ask the server.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

tsuujin wrote:you can actually send a request for an update to any table at any time, meaning you wouldn't actually need to check your inventory (unless they've changed the request procedure since I wrote my scripts).

That being said though, I've always found it more effective to keep track of your weapons in a table and use an alias to explicitly change wielded weapons. This means you would always know what you've equipped and not need to ask the server.
I use aliases to change weapons, while keeping track of what I -believe- my wielded weapons to be. Issuing the i/inv command with this GMCP script just puts the server values into a table that I use in other places to verify.

With some help from Phoenix, I've changed this script around a lot, so I'm not even entirely sure the code I currently use would help you, or I'd give you some examples. Sorry mate.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

All of the muds I play let you use item ids and specify the hand to wield it in, so it's never a guess. Is there a GMCP equipped mud that doesn't let you do this? I'd like to know so I can change my system around to compensate.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

tsuujin wrote:All of the muds I play let you use item ids and specify the hand to wield it in, so it's never a guess. Is there a GMCP equipped mud that doesn't let you do this? I'd like to know so I can change my system around to compensate.
Yes you can specify the hand to wield an item in per id. GMCP does not tell you which hand you are wielding something in though. In my testing, I was trying to figure out some way to be able to glean that information from GMCP Reliably. So thus, with this INV script, it can't tell you WHAT WEAPON is in WHAT HAND without some other external to the script variables specifying it. The display in this script that shows what 'hand' an item is in based soley on GMCP information; is a guess, not actual.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Package has been updated.

Trilliana

Post by Trilliana »

hmm, new update doesn't even seem to send I or INV at all

EDIT:
Ignore that...

Now the problem that I see is that it keeps trying to update/reset but it doesn't seem to actually update

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Well damn, I did a lot of testing to make sure it wasn't screwed up. I'll look more into it

Guolin

Post by Guolin »

Every time I enter "inv", with pretty much anything following it, Mudlet displays
<-INV-> RESETTING INVENTORY! Get a few prompts before doing inv again please
That is followed by the normal inventory (i.e. the way the inventory is shown by default, without the GMCP Inventory Organizer).

In errors, this pops up:
[ERROR:] object:<event handler function> function:<inventory_gmcp>
<>
Every time I "inv", that exact same message pops up.

Debug console shows this:
LUA OK script inventory_inv (Alias160) ran without errors
LUA: ERROR running script inventory_gmcp (inventory_gmcp) ERROR:
LUA: ERROR running script inventory_gmcp (inventory_gmcp) ERROR:
new line arrived:You are wielding a vine-wreathed sylvanic quarterstaff in your hands.
followed by other "new line arrived"'s for my other inventory items.

Is everyone else experiencing this, or do I have to do something to fix it?

Trilliana

Post by Trilliana »

That's the issue I'm having with the new version as well. I reverted back to the old version since I still had it saved