A few people have asked me to share this script and so I present it here in hopes it will be useful. Understand, there is likely a lot of inefficiency in the script and YMMV, it works for me* but may not work for you. I cannot promise to support the script entirely, but I will answer questions to the best of my ability in this thread.
1) This is only tested on Achaea. Please do not ask me to make it work for another IRE mud. It technically should work, but I haven't tested it on another mud.
2) You must have GMCP enabled, with 'Char.Items 1' being sent in the Core.Supports negotiation.
3) Sometimes the display won't render if it runs into an error. This is usually, likely caused to the table inv_items not being populated. If you issue the command i/inv, and nothing displays try using i reset alias and press enter a few times. Then try the i/inv command again. If you still cannot get it to display, open the error dialog in the editor window and see what it says. Copy that error, and paste it to this thread with your issue, so I can try and fix it.
I would appreciate feedback on this script, and testing to work out the bugs so that it works for the majority of everyone. Please leave your comments and bug reports in this thread.
- Code: Select all
USAGE: i[nv] [word|reset]
Empty i or inv command with more than 25 lines:
i/inv <word> that matched only something held:
i/inv <word> that matched something held AND worn:
i/inv <word> that matched only something worn:
- Code: Select all
30 JUL 2012
- Fixed a stupid bug on my part that rendered this script non-usable. Was referencing the wrong array in script.
20 JUL 2012
- Fixed duplicate ids/items in worn table. (Hopefully)
- Various updates to inventory handling/tables maintenance. Thanks to The Phoenix for assistance.
- Packaged as Mpackage instead of XML file.
07 OCT 2011
- Will send the inv/i command if there is no GMCP or inv_list information to use for the script.
20 Sep 2011
- Fixed 'show gold' not displaying
- Put a delay on the StatusVar update event for login
- Added builtin method to reset inventory tracker - i/inv reset
- Made inventory display a function
- Added in paging functionality for held items.
09 Sep 2011
- Added StatusVar event to capture inv_items on login
- Format quantity to 3 places instead of 2
- Changed format to use spaces instead of \t
- Implemented echoLink and appendCmdLine for ease of use
- Fixed char.items.inv spamming/bug. Only requested if no inv_items table now.
08 Sept 2011
- Initial code/package