Find alias ala ctrl+f

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Vadi

Find alias ala ctrl+f

Post by Vadi »

Acts as a ctrl+f alternative/replacement, giving you what you want to find all in one place, right away.

Usage:
Do mfind what and it'll give you a list of lines where it found your text. Case-sensitive.

Download:
find-alias.xml
(1.12 KiB) Downloaded 916 times

Vadi

Re: Find alias ala ctrl+f

Post by Vadi »

Renamed to mfind because find is an alias in my mapper.

naftali

Post by naftali »

This uses the cecho function, which doesn't seem to exist. I looked in lua.global and could only find a checho function, and when I changed the alias to use checho instead of cecho it didn't work. Has something changed since you released this?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

naftali

Post by naftali »

Is there a way to have Mudlet number your lines, kinda like how you can tell it to display timestamps? This function is great, but sometimes finding the line would mean more if I could see the line in context and it's hard to scroll back through 3000 lines and count to find the one you're looking for.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Some day I'll add a real search function to Mudlet, but until then you have to cope with scripts that search the buffer.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

naftali wrote:Is there a way to have Mudlet number your lines, kinda like how you can tell it to display timestamps? This function is great, but sometimes finding the line would mean more if I could see the line in context and it's hard to scroll back through 3000 lines and count to find the one you're looking for.
Yeah, you can add a trigger that prepends the line number. It's possible.

naftali

Post by naftali »

Perhaps it would be easier for me to make an alias that takes a line number as an argument and copy/pastes it someplace useful like a miniconsole or even the command line. I'll add it to my list of projects to do if I ever get bored or frustrated :)

hempa

Post by hempa »

@Naftali: I'm doing some changes to this to be a more complete package. It will be using a mini console for the search results, cached results, and some API functions for use in your own scripts.

Work's progressing, Might have a first version by next week.

naftali

Post by naftali »

@hempa sounds yummy! I await it's release eagerly