GUI Manager

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Akaya

GUI Manager

Post by Akaya »

I've had numerous attempts to create something that assists a user without scripting knowledge to create a user interface of their own. I believe I'm finally on to something... a small widget that sits in the main window. From it, you can create and edit any UI elements you wish.

Here's a screenshot of the widget so far:
The checkboxes along the top are clicked to select the element you would like to create/edit.
The fields below are filled in by first clicking, then entering the value on the main command line.
Once some or all of the fields have been filled in, you can click the 'Create' button to create or update your element.

One of the biggest features of this widget is that you can edit a pre-existing user interface so long as you know the element names. The widget keeps track of any element passed through itself. So its up to you to find the name of the label you want to edit at this point in time.

It has the ability to save and load any user interface created with it. This, of course, is restricted to the profile it was installed on.

User interfaces can also be extracted from the widget and saved to an .xml file so you can share your creations with the rest of the Mudlet community.

I still have a lot of features left to build and bugs to weed out but I thought I'd throw this out there in case there are speed bumps I'm not foreseeing or if someone has attempted something like this before and has advice.

Vadi

Re: GUI Manager

Post by Vadi »

Good stuff.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Re: GUI Manager

Post by Belgarath »

Any updates on this? It would certainly come in handy!