Mudlet features and API requests

Jor'Mox

Re: Mudlet features and API requests

Post by Jor'Mox »

Any chance we could get Event triggers? It would be quite handy, particularly when used in conjunction with relatively complex script packages, to be able to make a trigger, in the GUI, to respond to an event.

Along a similar vein, it would be handy to be able to unregister an anonymous event handler. Perhaps the register function could return an ID of some sort, which could then be used to unregister the event handler later, as needed.

ktiedt

Post by ktiedt »

Jor'Mox wrote:Any chance we could get Event triggers? It would be quite handy, particularly when used in conjunction with relatively complex script packages, to be able to make a trigger, in the GUI, to respond to an event.

Along a similar vein, it would be handy to be able to unregister an anonymous event handler. Perhaps the register function could return an ID of some sort, which could then be used to unregister the event handler later, as needed.
The first half of this is already possible... http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Event_E ... g_an_event
Yes these do *not* get monitored as "Triggers" but... you can easily write code the responds to them already.

The second half, obviously is not (it specifically says they cannot be unregistered currently)

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Let me clarify. I make extensive use of events, both my own and ones raised by Mudlet, so I am more than aware of how to react to events in the normal way. However, it takes notably more coding skill for the average user to be able to do the same thing that they could, instead, do with a simple trigger.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I wouldn't oppose to making them easier to use, that is a good idea actually. Just a simple event <-> code mapping.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

A regex option in the search bar would be handy, for the buffer and for the script box... Also highlighting of single quotes the same as double quotes would be nice!

Angie

Post by Angie »

I would love to have an easy toggle for disabling/enabling the command separator - either a keyboard shortcut, or an easily accessible button. (I want it disabled when I'm coding, but enabled when I'm testing, and changing it in Settings every time is just too much hassle.)
Angie @ Midnight Sun 2
Alayla @ God Wars 2

johndahlstrom

Post by johndahlstrom »

I have two GUI features I'd like to see:

Being able to select multiple items in the leftside tree when you're in the script editor, for example shift+click or ctrl+click to select items. Being able to select multiple items when you're organizing your profile and move items into folders would save a lot of time. Removing selected items should of course work as well.

An "undo" button or alternatively a confirm dialog when you delete an item. It's really easy to misclick and remove something you didn't want to remove. It's a pain/annoyance to go back in versions or to re-create them when it happens.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

@johndahlstrom: I believe that we will be reviewing the operation of the Editor in the future but I do not underestimate the full complexities that dealing with selection of multiple items would entail.

I think that a delete confirmation would be the simpler way to code to prevent unexpected deletion - perhaps with the option to enable / disable this on the profile preferences - or like some file system "browsers" using a "Shift" key in combination with a mouse click (or a keyboard one) to delete without confirmation. If we go for the first of these for safety I think the confirmation should be profile specific and should be re-enabled each time a profile is loaded and the icon on the delete button should visibly change when "direct, without confirmation" is active...

@Angie: Would a context menu item (right click) work for you?

@Belgarath: I see trouble though in distinguishing between single quotes and apostrophes...

Angie

Post by Angie »

I guess it would. What would be even better would be a button next to the command line, where the Emergency stop and other things are. That's how it used to be in ZMud, and I used it a lot there.
Angie @ Midnight Sun 2
Alayla @ God Wars 2

ktiedt

Post by ktiedt »

I would love to have an escape char for the cmd separator! One of my biggest annoyances to date!