Mudlet 3.0.0 epsilon! (preview #5)

Jor'Mox

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0 epsilon! (preview #5)

Post by Jor'Mox »

So, a few things that I have noticed off the bat. First, when compared to 2.1, epsilon is MUCH slower when it comes to resizing the window (same profile, same code running, both on my Mac). Also, since whatever causes the stuff in the bottom bar to not redraw until you click on it is still there, I accidentally clicked on the button that has an upward pointing arrow (previous search or something like that), and it sent Mudlet into a race condition until it crashed.

Additionally, when a script window (or any of the others that share that window) is minimized rather than closed, it is excessively complicated to get it back open. You can't just click the button to open that window again, it gains focus, but remains minimized. And unlike 2.1 (which had a similar behavior to what is mentioned above), I can't right click on the program icon in my dock and select a window to show (there are none listed). The only way to bring the window back up is to right click on the icon, select "Show All Windows" (which minimized ALL windows, and shows very small views of each window belonging to Mudlet to choose from). As the current process is tedious, I think it would be ideal to either bring back the window list that is available in 2.1, or make it so clicking on the button restores the window, even if it is minimized.

Here are a few screenshots to show what I'm talking about.
Mudlet 2.1 Menu
Mudlet 3.0.0-epsilon Menu

genek

Post by genek »

Hey - is it a bug?

setGauge("bar5",1,7); OK
setGauge("bar5",7,7); OK

but

setGauge("bar5",0,7); is changed after several secondes.

ZERO id the problem.

Version 2.1 has no problem with it.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I tried it, but it's not changing back for me. I tried it on iota, but I don't think anything relating to that was changed from epsilon. Could you make a small video demonstrating the problem?

@other feedback in the thread: have not had a chance to process it yet, but thanks for reporting all this stuff, will get to it soon!

New preview is out as well: http://www.mudlet.org/2016/11/mudlet-3- ... -preview-6