Mudlet 3.0.0 epsilon! (preview #5)

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0 epsilon! (preview #5)

Post by SlySven »

Well I culled the code that spewed the contents (command/script) of all timers and my fix to remove the below a certain threshold ones. I intend to add check-boxes to that "Special Options" tab to remove the "OK" messages for Timers (and Buttons and Keys) but I'm looking at some other bugs right now and will get back to that when I can...

I'd also like to clean up the miscellaneous Debug messages that other things - particularly Triggers put out onto the "Central Debug Console" / individual Profile editor "Errors Window" - there is a real hodgepodge of information being put there in seemingly random colours/styles/formatting which I think could be made a bit more coherent!

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

I really haven't used the debug window in well over a year. I should have looked at it again when I compiled a few months ago (but I didn't - oh well)

It definitely needs a closer looking at, but I wouldn't call it major importance: More of something after the 3.0 major bugs are fixed.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I'd like to see the debug window have options for enabling/disabling echoing of all mudlet types, as well as filter and search capability. All somewhere close to the debug window (say a menu you can open from within it, instead of having to go to the settings)

Runei

Post by Runei »

I've been logging in HTML (for obvious reasons), and I noticed my logs sometimes double logging whole, or ends of lines. Is this on my end, or something with the HTML logging?

ereptor

Post by ereptor »

I'm curious, have any builds been tested on freebsd since this one in 2010: http://make.mudlet.org/mudlet-on-freebsd/? I just tried building it off commit f620c7abbc16e5cc3748fe56116dd52ce50e9472 and failed. I'm not very good at getting the include paths set up correctly, so before wasting anymore hours on this: has anyone else built mullet on freebsd and when/what version?

Edit by SlySven (2017/09/21) who has just started using FreeBSD (11.1): try this Wayback machine archived copy of the above URL.

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

Now that is a website/resource/something I didn't know about! And its Mudlet not Mullet :lol:

Have the Qt Gods got a *BSD version 5.x out there - I would guess they have but I don't know but I think that will need to be a starting point for you as we have some stuff that would need modifying to get back to running on Qt 4.x...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

make.mudlet.org is replaced by wiki.mudlet.org these days, so don't worry, didn't miss out on anything...

This guy tweeted a bit about packaging Mudlet for FreeBSD but his last tweet is self-evident. Otherwise, don't know much about FreeBSD at all.

ereptor

Post by ereptor »

@SlySven yes Qt 5.x is out under package management in BSD and that's what I'm running! (and sorry for the 'mullet' typo..) I've sent a message to sogubsys to see what progress he made and will try again shortly.

AFAICT it should work.. I've been able to install all of the dependencies (though had to config/compile groot manually, that was a pain). I think it's mostly a matter of setting the correct header paths, and linking things properly. Thanks guys, I'll report the outcome here!

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

One thing I would watch for is that in places conditional compilation is used to account for some platform differences - and we have only been choosing (from the various Q_OS_XXX defines):
  • Q_OS_LINUX
  • Q_OS_MAC
  • Q_OS_WIN32 {or Q_OS_WIN in a couple of places}
I can currently see one Q_OS_UNIX but there is a reasonable chance that you may need to duplicate or add additional code based on Q_OS_FREEBSD (of course coverage for the other *BSD variants Q_OS_NETBSD and Q_OS_OPENBSD if you know the differences would be welcome also) to cover your platform type specificities.

groot doesn't mean anything to me - what is it?

I suppose in a few years time - once the kinks have been ironed out - someone is going to want to port Mudlet to run on the GNU Hurd platform... 8-)

genek

Post by genek »

HI, cechoLink doesnt work in user window area (any color ie. <yellow> always gives blue link):
cechoLink("odruzyna","<yellow>CO", [[send("wskaz siebie jako cel obrony")]], "",true);

Best regards.
Last edited by genek on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.