Mudlet GUI Performance

sp00ge

Mudlet GUI Performance

Post by sp00ge »

I have used Mudlet 2.1 for about 8 months with a multiple mini console/containers etc.Although I have been careful to minimize triggers and whatnot overall I find the performance to be sluggish and I suspect my GUI is the culprit. I was recently testing versus tintin, and the performance is not comparable.

At a bare minimum I need a main window, chat window, and a dump window (for information captures etc). I also need to be able to jump back and forth from an OSX box to a Windows box. Both computers have quad core I7/Xeon CPU's 16GB+ memory and ATI Radeon 5870, so computer performance should not be an issue.

From a performance point of view, what is the fastest current GUI method I can use for a 3 window setup?

Also, is it time to shift to 3.0, or 2.1 still better for performance. Thanks.

Vadi

Re: Mudlet GUI Performance

Post by Vadi »

What are you seeing an issue with? Simple chat capture us very fast and isn't an issue.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Mudlet GUI Performance

Post by SlySven »

Well come on - you are comparing oranges and apples if you are comparing TinTin++ and Mudlet :? - the former is a 'C' Text Console based application whereas the latter is a GUI one written in C++ and with a Lua subsystem built-in (not surprisingly, the former also compiles a lot faster...). I personally started out with TinTin++ (you might notice my Moniker on that client's forums as well :o ) but I'd say if it is a GUI environment you want, with a detachable map or other windows that you can plonk on a second screen (if you use that option) then Mudlet is the client you want - and we are gradually nailing down the biggest undocumented software features so that we can get a version 3.0.0 release out to you as soon as we can get past some individual real-life "other matters" - honest. :oops: