Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)

mgraham

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)

Post by mgraham »

Hey all, I've been using Mudlet for quite some time now and really love it; thanks such a nice mud client.

I'm running Mudlet 3 beta on OS X Yosemite (10.10) and I've been experiencing a minor issue that I didn't see mentioned in this thread, in these forums in general, or in the bugs listed at launchpad.net. I tried really hard to find my issue before posting.

When I'm running Mudlet, if I click the "Map" button on the main toolbar, the main toolbar becomes distorted color-wise. If I minimize and then maximize Mudlet after the distortion, the main toolbar ends up black with grey writing. Mudlet still functions normally, its just hard to read the writing on the buttons with this color scheme. I do not experience this behavior with Mudlet 2.1.

I've tried moving my .config and I've tried messing with the colors under "Color View" and "Mapper Colors" to no avail. I've taken screenshots of Mudlet in all three states and can make the screenshots available if you like (currently ~140K each).

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Please post the screenshots if you could :)

mgraham

Post by mgraham »

Vadi wrote:Please post the screenshots if you could :)
The three screenshots that I mentioned are attached along with one extra showing the black toolbar.
Attachments
Black toolbar with a map
Black toolbar with a map
Black toolbar
Black toolbar
I click map and the distortion happens
I click map and the distortion happens
Everything is ok here
Everything is ok here

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

I note that the first screen shot is also showing the disappearing bottom icons problem. I'm sure I saw somewhere in the Qt help files something about there being a Qt C++ Flag option for widgets to effectively say "don't bother drawing the back ground as the widget entire covers it" thought it is not called that and probably doesn't exactly mean precisely that. Guess I really better have a look for it and see whether it is at all likely to be the issue here. :geek:

ajsdkt

Post by ajsdkt »

I do not know if this is intentional or not, but the two send on push boxes I use to make toggle buttons are gone. My current button still works, but there is no way to fix it if i need to, or to make a new one the same way as I did before.

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

That isn't right, though I must confess some of the code around the Buttons/ButtonBars is not the most robust part of the Application, IIRC.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Which two push boxes? Push on down button is still there:

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

"The command on button up:" QLineEdit - which is disabled in the immediately above post of yours is completely absence in the Groupbox that the "Push down button" enables in the OP's shot. I suspect there is another "Command on button down:" to the right that is clipped from your screen-shot Vadim that is also missing.

Um, what are the sources of your two screen shots there Vadim? 2.1 {lower} and the latest 3.0 beta {upper} I presume?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The image is cut off, if you view it in full they are labelled.

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

Ah, yes, so they are...!
Anyhow, I guess the custom position stuff has gone but so has the one "Command to send on Button Down" for non-click down buttons or two with the addition of the one for "Command to send on Button Up" for when that QGridBox is enabled. The two QLineEdit boxes are for a quick text to send to Mud input (which are similar in effect to the one line "Substitution line"(?) in the aliases part of the editor IIRC). Fair enough, the user can code the same with a quick send("<text>") in the script area but this will be problematic for loading previous saves that do contain entries for those fields will it not?