Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)

Vadi

Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)

Post by Vadi »

Mudlet 3.0.0-beta is here! This is a beta release - the second preview of what Mudlet 3.0 will look like. In this release, we only focused on fixing issues we've found in 3.0, and we believe we've covered all of them. Please re-test 3.0.0-beta from scratch and if you find any new issues, or see that some of your old ones from 3.0.0-alpha are still present, please report them!

[/size]

[/size]

Please provide all feedback and problem reports on 3.0.0-beta here! Feature requests can be done in our dedicated thread.

valaria

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)

Post by valaria »

where the overview? it take me to the error page. ;)

edit: and isn't download updated to beta version? :)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The overview is at http://www.mudlet.org/2014/10/mudlet-3- ... preview-2/, and I don't quite know what do you mean.

valaria

Post by valaria »

Vadi wrote:The overview is at http://www.mudlet.org/2014/10/mudlet-3- ... preview-2/, and I don't quite know what do you mean.
well I was talking about your first post that has broken links.. until now. :ugeek:

edit: maybe it just me anyway.

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

Sanaki wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, prior Mudlet versions shipped with dictionaries. The beta doesn't appear to, and requires a restart before imported dictionaries will function.
Vadi wrote:Which installer are you having the difficulty with?
This would be the windows installer from the mudlet.org page, mudlet-installer-3.0.0-beta.exe. I copied the dictionaries from my old mudlet directory and it works fine now that I've restarted, but it should probably include them or at least some hint for where users can obtain them.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

Messing around with the setAppStyleSheet function... Is there a list of qt widgets utilized by the Mudlet UI? I know of QScrollBar from the example. But I'm having trouble locating others.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Sanaki wrote:This would be the windows installer from the mudlet.org page, mudlet-installer-3.0.0-beta.exe. I copied the dictionaries from my old mudlet directory and it works fine now that I've restarted, but it should probably include them or at least some hint for where users can obtain them.
Thanks, confirmed. We'll fix this.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Akaya wrote:Messing around with the setAppStyleSheet function... Is there a list of qt widgets utilized by the Mudlet UI? I know of QScrollBar from the example. But I'm having trouble locating others.
Install GammaRay in Ubuntu, it allows you to inspect the Qt application like so: http://imgur.com/Xy0wLlD

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

Possibly not a new issue, but using the tab key to autocomplete a word strips spaces from the beginning of the command line. Adding a space to the start of a line is a fairly standard way of bypassing aliases that otherwise would override commands used in the game.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah, it is the same in 2.1. Thanks for reporting and I've filed it here.