[SOLVED] Linux mapper issues

Iktomi

[SOLVED] Linux mapper issues

Post by Iktomi »

Cross posting here from the Help forums since I've gotten no response there. Hoping maybe someone here might be able to help.

I'm running mudlet under Arch Linux 64-bit. When playing Achaea, if I attempt a room find "rf <keywords>" I get a list of room numbers, and I can click them and it'll take me there, however I cannot actually see the name of the room unless I mouse over the room number. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Attachments
mapper.jpg
Last edited by Iktomi on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Linux mapper issues

Post by SlySven »

It sounds like you're gonna have to dive into the scripts that produce each line of text and add the room name after the room number - but I'm not familiar with the Aachea mapper stuff so can't be more explicit...
IIRC though it is possible that the scripts are downloaded automagically or reloaded from a stored package at the start of each session so if you hack it remember to save the modifications (export them under a new name) so you don't lose them at the end of a session...

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

Humm, seems you do not have a particularly recent set of scripts, here is the output I get from the same command:
Attachments
Output from &quot;rf run&quot; in Achaea
Output from "rf run" in Achaea

Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Hm! Any idea where I can get the latest?

I've got the latests from http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/IRE_mapping_script and I'm using the crowdmap option.

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

To be honest I'm not sure, they may have been loading in automagically... but here might be a place to start: Ironrealms Game-mods! ;)

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

Ah, checking the link you gave DOES have the script present in my Achaea profile. Somehow, I guess you haven't imported it into your Mudlet correctly and you have an ancient ancestor - I don't have a source distribution open at the moment but I suspect there might be something in there that hasn't been updated and is getting used instead - I'll check later and raise a bug report if that IS the case.

Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Problem resolved by downgrading to Lua 5.1 on my system.