Any chance of an update release soon?

mgrommet

Any chance of an update release soon?

Post by mgrommet »

Hi folks, I'm enjoying the heck out of mudlet.

Any chance of an updated release in the near future? The current one is almost a year and a half old, and there are some fixes that Chris committed quite a while back that I'd like to take for a spin.

I'm not opposed to compiling from source, but looks like the build instructions are more angled towards linux rather than a windows environment... although maybe cygwin is a possibility?

demonnic

Re: Any chance of an update release soon?

Post by demonnic »

I don't have any information about the first personally, but as regards compiling mudlet for Windows, Chris started a thread and wiki article about it: http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3556

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Um, the non- MSVC Windoze build platform is MinGW NOT Cygwin, though I've had a look at trying to port Mudlet to the latter I'm not aware that Cygwin ships a Qt5, only Qt4 so I had to revert to that and undo a few recent Qt5 specific change in recent git code. CygwinPorts (the bloody edged, beyond normal Cygwin packages) DOES have Qt5.2 libraries but I couldn't get the Creator IDE to work on either of a couple of machines - though I did get a sort of working Mudlet executable using qmake/make directly. However I was getting warnings about missing signals/slots that I would not have expected and they didn't seem to be related to the Mudlet source code more likely something internal. You will need to use luarocks I think because not all the Lua libraries have been packaged for Cygwin/CygwinPorts - specifically for the database support IIRC. Anyhow, it might be do able, but YMMV.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

We're working on it. Sorry about it taking so long. Life :)

Larkin

Post by Larkin »

Are we waiting for milestones to be implemented/fixed/tested or is has the lead developer taken a sabbatical?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

There are a couple of issues holding up the immediate release of it - https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1269582 is the bug one. I started to work on it but life's been too hectic last couple of months to finish.