Mudlet 2.1

Vadi

Re: Mudlet 2.1

Post by Vadi »

They have, but there is no timeframe for the release. There's still a bit of work to do on our roadmap: https://launchpad.net/mudlet/+milestone/3.0

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Any chance there will be an intermediate "release"? Sets of stable builds for Mac and Windows would be really helpful for everyone. Users could get things fixed, and developers could have people testing out a system much closer to what they are actually working with.

I know, in theory someone can compile their own version with the latest code, but most people don't know what to do, so having someone compile versions for them, and post them somewhere accessible would be great!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Last time we tried that (2.0-test4), the intermediate release became necessary and inadvertedly became the "stable" release for several months - it wasn't good. Common users were being given the unproofed builds, features of the builds were incorporated that demanded an upgrade for everybody, and the map format was changed as well - and that not being forwards compatible, required anyone wanting to use a map saved on a newer Mudlet to upgrade.

It was really messy release-wise. This time with the large mapper overhaul, the same thing is likely to happen. We still need to proof the current code in git for more stability in some of the features introduced.

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

Ok, thanks for the info, i'll just have to put the brakes on and be patient a while longer.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

Any updates on 3.0 or when it will be released? :)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

No updates just yet, but I'm keen to get things moving soon.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Next Mudlet release is coming soon.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

*drools eagerly*