Mudlet 2.1

Vadi

Mudlet 2.1

Post by Vadi »

Mudlet 2.1 here! It adds built-in doors rendering support for the mapper, open protocol support (tools to allow you to add support for non-supported telnet protocols) and exit weights (along with pre-existing room weights).

[/size]

[/size]

Please provide all feedback and problem reports on 2.1 here! Feature requests can be done in our dedicated thread.

bbailey

Re: Mudlet 2.1

Post by bbailey »

One error is reported by apt during installation of the ubuntu package from the ppa. Usefulness of the report is doubtful at best, but I'm reporting it anyway. ;)
Get:1 http://ppa.launchpad.net/mudlet-makers/ppa/ubuntu/ precise/main mudlet i386 1:2.1-1 [4,348 kB]
Fetched 4,348 kB in 5s (774 kB/s)
(Reading database ... 357973 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace mudlet 1:2.0-4 (using .../mudlet_1%3a2.1-1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement mudlet ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Processing triggers for doc-base ...
Processing 1 changed doc-base file...
Error in `/usr/share/doc-base/mudlet-lua-doc', line 10: all `Format' sections are invalid.
Note: `install-docs --verbose --check file_name' may give more details about the above error.
Registering documents with scrollkeeper...
Setting up mudlet (1:2.1-1) ...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Thanks for the heads up, didn't know.

Ashden

Post by Ashden »

Hello,

Noticed that the title bar of the installer states you are installing "Mudlet 2.0" even though you are installing 2.1, should probably update it to prevent any confusions.

Qwindor

Post by Qwindor »

With 2.1 when i do exportAreaImage() with the new doors added in i cannot see the doors with the exported image.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Another display() bug:

When using display on an iterated table (such as matches, or multimatches), it does not display the key. This makes it hard, on larger iterated tables, to know which key you wanted to modify, or what value goes with which key.

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

I get lines that randomly appear and disappear when i move around the map.
They occur where I change the z level of a room so that up/down rooms are on the same z level. Also some custom exit lines are showing the same behavior.
On the screenshot you can see a random line generated by the orange room, heading off to nowhere, if I try to pan to follow the line it goes away. I've checked my exits and they seem to be ok.
Thanks
line.PNG
line.PNG (13.77 KiB) Viewed 10694 times

Omni

Post by Omni »

Getting the issue with installPackage that was affecting the package manager, where the Package name is being listed as the path. I didn't have this issue in 2.0.

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

I was helping Akaya in the IRC channel today, and he's working on scripts to parse some MSDP output. Unfortunately, this seems to involve some odd control characters or ansi of some sort. I am attaching a zip file with a .xml file in it. This xml file only contains the sections from Akaya's profile which were causing it not to finish loading.

Once I took these pieces out, it was able to load the information which was past them in the file.

With us having open protocol support, the chance of these characters needing to be dealt with in scripts increases.

The issue was apparent in all of the last several copies of his profile, and the files themselves look like they saved properly, they just wouldn't read in correctly.

Akaya may be able to give more information on the actual usage of the items in question, I just wanted to make sure this was noted on the forums after working to get his profile loadable again, as it could be

a.) part of the mystery of the disappearing profiles with no discernable reasons we've seen reported in the past
b.) incredibly frustrating to the scripters trying to extend Mudlet's protocol support using our open protocol framework.

If I can provide any more information to the folks who can sling the code, let me know.
Attachments
malformedXML.zip
(824 Bytes) Downloaded 544 times

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

echoPopup seems to have an issue, wherein all the tooltips in the tooltip table are displayed simply by hovering over it, even though left-clicking only runs the first one... Thus, only that tooltip should be shown on hover, with all of them being shown only on right click. Or, just that one, with another line that says 'right click for more', although that could be added by the script using echoPopup as well.