Mudlet-2.0rc8 for Mac released

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Mudlet-2.0rc6 for Mac released

Post by Heiko »

Make sure that the program that the app bundle runs is run_mudlet and not mudlet directly. If you run the package this should happen automatically and you are the first where this doesn't seem to work for some strange reasons. run_mudlet is located in mudlet.app/Contents/MacOS/run_mudlet

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

new version that should fix the various display and GUI issues on OSX
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mudlet/ ... p/download

DanaLea73

Re: Mudlet-2.0rc7 for Mac released

Post by DanaLea73 »

Mudlet-2.0rc6f.app was working fine for me, but I downloaded the one you just posted, which was Mudlet-2.0rc7-mac.app and that would not even open. So I'm back with rc6f.

deus ex machina

Post by deus ex machina »

RC7 is not working for me, either. It bounces on the dock for a while then stops, and nothing happens. Trying RC6 now.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Run mudlet.app/Contents/MacOs/run_mudlet in a terminal and post the output please.

deus ex machina

Also, the map window still looks like garbage. You need to either incorporate Bitstream Vera Sans Mono into the application package or let it use the font the main window uses. This is just terrible.

I'll redownload RC7 and get you that output in a sec.

deus ex machina

XXXXX:~ stephen$ /Users/stephen/Downloads/Mudlet-2.0rc7-mac.app/Contents/MacOs/run_mudlet
dyld: loaded: /Users/stephen/Downloads/Mudlet-2.0rc7-mac.app/Contents/MacOS/./mudlet
dyld: loaded: /Users/stephen/Downloads/Mudlet-2.0rc7-mac.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/libpcre.0.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/stephen/Downloads/Mudlet-2.0rc7-mac.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/libhunspell-1.2.0.dylib
dyld: loaded: /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/stephen/Downloads/Mudlet-2.0rc7-mac.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/libyajl.1.dylib
dyld: loaded: /Users/stephen/Downloads/Mudlet-2.0rc7-mac.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/phonon.framework/Versions/4/phonon
dyld: loaded: /Users/stephen/Downloads/Mudlet-2.0rc7-mac.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/QtDBus.framework/Versions/4/QtDBus
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtXml.framework/Versions/4/QtXml
Referenced from: /Users/stephen/Downloads/Mudlet-2.0rc7-mac.app/Contents/MacOS/./mudlet
Reason: image not found
/Users/stephen/Downloads/Mudlet-2.0rc7-mac.app/Contents/MacOs/run_mudlet: line 5: 3827 Trace/BPT trap (core dumped) ./mudlet

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

The font is included. The display problems are due to bugs in the latest versions of Qt on OSX and are partly fixed in rc7 and completely fix in rc8 which will come out in half an hour.

OK I'll include the missing library in rc8

deus ex machina

Awesome! Thanks so much for your hard work!