Mudlet-2.0rc8 for Mac released

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Mudlet-2.0rc7 for Mac released

Post by Heiko »

deus ex machina

Re: Mudlet-2.0rc8 for Mac released

Post by deus ex machina »

All right! Now it loads, but the font still isn't working. Also, it still says RC7 if that matters at all.

As you can see from the screenshot, the font being used in the mini window isn't Bitstream Mono.
http://i.imgur.com/HlYhL.jpg

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

This looks more like a bug in your map to miniconsole script :) (= wrong wrap size, wrong size or no setMiniConsoleFontSize() to properly init the mini console). Make a screenshot of the map command in the main screen.

deus ex machina

The scrollbar thing on the side isn't the problem. Looking at the room connectors makes it obvious that something is wrong with the font. I use the same code on a windows machine and it works perfectly.

http://i.imgur.com/ZaIsG.png

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Your windows machine most likely has different screen sizes or you use different font sizes. In any case, it's not a display bug otherwise your second screen shot would look the same bad as your first -> script problem.

deus ex machina

Right, however I've tried it with many different font sizes, etc, and nothing works.

A few things to note:
1. I am using the same machine/screensize for both OS X and Windows.
2. Others have the SAME problem on OS X.
3. I talked to Vadi about it, and he seemed to think it was a font problem.
4. The second screenshot is how it SHOULD look, and how it DOES look in Windows, but the first screenshot is how it shows up in the Mac OS X minimap console window. The second screenshot is how the map shows up in OS X in the main window.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

1. The script that you are using is notoriously buggy.
2. Other OSX users had the same problems before rc7, but this bug has been fixed.
3. irrelevant
4. I verified the issue with a correct script and got a perfect result:
5. Unless I get more substantial bug reports I consider the Mac package issues solved.

Orochi

Post by Orochi »

I'm running OSX 10.4.11, and the application doesn't even open successfully for me, closing itself after a long, laggy attempt. :(

Any advice?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

The package reportedly works fine on 10.5 and 10.6, but 10.4 is no longer supported unless you compile Mudlet on your own machine.

kbarker

Post by kbarker »

Unless the map window is previously pulled out of the main window onto another portion of the screen: when I use the undocking button it goes through the roof when my main window is anywhere near the top of my screen. Maybe changing the pop-out location down and right instead of up and left?