Look and Feel

Beach

Re: Look and Feel

Post by Beach »

Ok, right now I'm pretty heavily involved in school. ...and I don't want to fall victim to the Multi Undergrad Destroyer. But, if I can find some spare time I'm going to throw together a website with links to sources like OpenGameArt.org, a forum for administrator discussion of client customization, and if I can a resource repository for the community to upload documentation, tutorials, gui elements, art, and any other resources they want to make public domain. If I were to put this together would any of you be interested in helping to promote it among the community, and hopefully link from your sites so it can get some kind of Google Page Rank?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I think a better place to ask that would be http://www.mudbytes.net/, which is a larger and a more MUD-centric community. I wouldn't mind making a mudlet.org post about it if the quality of the website is good.

Widjet

Post by Widjet »

I've been working on some pretty heavy UI stuff recently. I've more-or-less finished an implementation of java-style Layouts for Geyser, so that I can automatically layout components and have them dynamically size to fit each other. I'll post it in the Geyser subforum when I'm happy with it (there's still a few frustrating bugs, but it's rapidly getting there).

But my dream would be to have lua bindings for the Qt interface that mudlet itself uses. That would give me direct access to these sorts of things. Obviously it would be complicated, and it's a feature that only some people would use, but those people could do some amazing stuff with it. I don't even think it would have to be too difficult to add it in - the main obstacle I can see would be in getting the Qt event thread and the lua engine thread to talk to each other (which they do already for things like mouseclick events). Any chance of this happening?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

See http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php? ... 9038#p9038 ... the main challenge would be making bindings for everything. Perhaps LuaJIT's FFI would make this really easy, or existing Lua<->Qt bindings would enable this, I'm not sure. Certainly not against it happening, we'd love to see more flexibility.