Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet 2.0 final]

Vadi

Re: new features/functions in 1.2.0-pre8

Post by Vadi »

I think sysDownloadDone should have both filename and files download destination as arguments, if it doesn't already. Just to make scripting a bit easier in that regard if you're downloading multiple things at once.

Omit

Post by Omit »

Will the EnvColor table be saved with the map with this update?

Will there be a way to raise an event on profile close? (In order to save varibles and such?)

Thank you for the hard work... Mudlet is a joy to use.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

There are 2 system events for profile loaded and profile exiting. This has been in for a while though. I'll make sure that the custom env colors are being saved.
Any other remaining bugs?

Omit

Post by Omit »

Can rooms be deleted? (this can be worked around easily if not)

I think everything needed to map LP style muds are in there... the only thing left will be storing the global varibles for the profile (your current room ID being the important one)... No database or additional Lua Tables will be required for map scripting (this is good as using a database tends to be slow and it is a pain to deal with more than one data structure at a time)

I look forward to using it.... (I will be able to share a 2d map made with labels that should be able to be used with any 3d map file... after a minor rewrite)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I just remembered, one annoying issue atm is that if you disable a script, it's event handlers don't get disabled. While yes, disabling a script doesn't make sense, it should be allowable so disable it for the reason of disabling its event handlers.

(and, it'd be nice if you could do that via scripting, as well)

Iocun

Post by Iocun »

Vadi wrote:I just remembered, one annoying issue atm is that if you disable a script, it's event handlers don't get disabled. While yes, disabling a script doesn't make sense, it should be allowable so disable it for the reason of disabling its event handlers.

(and, it'd be nice if you could do that via scripting, as well)
Oh yes! I forgot to mention this, but this has bugged me for quite a while. I always had to comment out the entire script instead.

Riluo

Post by Riluo »

Oh this sounds great with the spell checker being added. How far away do we think it will be?

Also thanks for adding this as I am hopeless at spelling in English still. :oops:

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Pre8 will be out in about 10 days.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Event handlers of disabled scripts will no longer be called.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I've updated git and uploaded the latest source code for testing. There's lots of new stuff that needs testing - especially some of the backbone code has been changed in order to comply better with Linux system qt installs (you can try to use your system libs instead of the sdk, but switch back to the sdk if you experience bugs)

to get the latest source code: http://mudlet.git.sourceforge.net/git/g ... EAD;sf=tgz

compile notes: cmake is not supported at the moment, use qmake

current status:

OPEN - save custom env colors table.
OPEN - error view needs to have wordwrap (I think you already did this one, but it's not in git)
OPEN - 2D mapper widget for large grid maps

DONE - add map button to toolbox menu
DONE - spellchecker
DONE - other exits
DONE - irc
DONE - gmcp composer patch
DONE - command line echo patch
DONE - openUrl() to open a native browser window
DONE - fix debug 'X' button not disabling debug
DONE - disable/enable event handlers if a script gets enabled/disabled
DONE - download function
DONE - fix delete room exits setExit(id_from, 0, direction)
DONE - getRoomsByPosition(area, x,y,z )
DONE - getRoomColor(roomID) : r, g, b
DONE - mapper: room search box -> no more multiple pathfinding if there are multiple rooms with the same room name

new functions:
addSpecialExit( roomID_from, roomID_to, command )
getSpecialExits( roomID ) : table where the keys are to roomIDs of the exit rooms with the appropriate command as value
getSpecialExitsSwap( roomID ): same table as getSpecialExits() but with commands as keys and roomIDs as values
clearSpecialExits( roomID )
getRoomsByPosition( areaID, x, y, z ) : table with room collisions
setExit(id_from, id_to, direction_id ) now properly deletes exits if the id_to is 0 for a given direction (for special exits look above)
getRoomEnv(roomID) : integer environment color
echoCommandLine( text ) : appends text to the command line
openUrl( url ) opens an URL in a native browser window just like the manual when the help button is pressed
downloadFile( filepath, url ) downloads a file from the internet asynchronously to filepath and raises the event sysDownloadDone with the filepath as second parameter when the download is finished, in case of an error sysDownloadError is raised with the error description as second argument
getRoomUserData( id, key ) : returns the user value stored for key
setRoomUserData( id, key, value )
getRoomsByPosition(area_id, x,y,z) : returns a table with room ids on this position (=room collisions)
appendCmdLine( txt ) - echo to command line, but appends txt to the current command line text (->printCmdLine(txt))
openUrl( url ) - open url in a native web browser