Enable 'save profile on exit' by default?

Yes - so I won't have the 'do you want to save?' dialog when quitting
78%
No - so the 'do you want to save?' dialog comes up each time
22%

Total votes : 27

Postby Vadi » Mon May 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Would anyone want the option to save profile automatically on exit to be enabled by default?

I personally find the program closing experience much more pleasant with it on :D

Dialog_668.png
Dialog_668.png (52.1 KiB) Viewed 3411 times
Vadi

Re: Enable 'save profile on exit' by default?

Postby Knute » Mon May 10, 2010 7:06 pm

That would be nice. Though, with the popup, it would be more useful if we could cancel the window closing action as well. If you fat finger something, and your mudlet window is closing, the popup is like a mockery to prolong the agony.
Knute

Postby naftali » Tue May 11, 2010 3:05 pm

Knute wrote:That would be nice. Though, with the popup, it would be more useful if we could cancel the window closing action as well. If you fat finger something, and your mudlet window is closing, the popup is like a mockery to prolong the agony.

Apparently this is in the works. I know I've asked for it before, 'cause I do that far too often.
naftali

Postby redt » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:17 am

naftali wrote:
Knute wrote:That would be nice. Though, with the popup, it would be more useful if we could cancel the window closing action as well. If you fat finger something, and your mudlet window is closing, the popup is like a mockery to prolong the agony.

Apparently this is in the works. I know I've asked for it before, 'cause I do that far too often.

Is there any update on that?

I just lost hours of work not realizing that clicking an "X" on top would not cancel my erroneous Mudlet closing... !!!
redt

Postby demonnic » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:13 pm

you can check it yourself in the current version, to prevent that kind of thing.
demonnic

Postby onetimeonly » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:19 am

Better idea! How about saving everytime there's a modification, and in case there's a crash or something, you can choose to restore one of the auto-backups.
onetimeonly

Return to General Forum