(mapping script) SlothMUD Mapper

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Akaya

(mapping script) SlothMUD Mapper

Post by Akaya »

I created a mapping script for use in SlothMUD (slothmud.org:6101).

Utilizes MSDP info. You'll want to request this info with the sendMSDP() function.

MAPPING ON will enable mapping mode.

MAP START will create the first room.
SlothMUDMapperv3.trigger.xml
(13.76 KiB) Downloaded 1074 times
Enjoy!

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: (mapping script) SlothMUD Mapper

Post by SlySven »

Must confess I created a character (with this moniker) for SlothMud a while ago but haven't made any headway in mapping it so far - are you intending to share the map you make?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Don't need to use the exitmap map now - 3.0 direction functions accept all sorts of ways expressing direction. The docs have been updated to mention that.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

SlySven wrote:Must confess I created a character (with this moniker) for SlothMud a while ago but haven't made any headway in mapping it so far - are you intending to share the map you make?
I haven't had a chance to map too many areas myself. I'll get the major cities done and post them here.
Vadi wrote:Don't need to use the exitmap map now - 3.0 direction functions accept all sorts of ways expressing direction. The docs have been updated to mention that.
Ah, I see. I'll update it to use this. Thank you.

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

Here's a map I have started. UNZIP it! Then install the contained .dat file using the Mudlet UI. Settings > Mapper tab > Pick map file

I was able to map Newbatia (the town you usually start in), and the major cities of Bal Harbour, Aisholm Town, Thassalus, and, I believe, The Island.

That should give a good start on things. If mapping mode is enabled with MAPPING ON, it should auto-map as you walk around.
SlothMUDMap.zip
(30.19 KiB) Downloaded 685 times

hagfelsh

Post by hagfelsh »

Hello I'm completely new to mudlet.... I've managed to install it and found your sloth script & added that to packages. I'm not entirely sure on how to activate and use your plugin though... where do I enter the commands or strings to invoke the script?