Mudlet 3.0.0-delta (preview #4)

ktiedt

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-delta (preview #4)

Post by ktiedt »

Oh, I hope that major issue was the random resizing, that was the only reason I have barely used the preview releases... Was that fix in preview 4 or it was fixed after?

Looking forward to the release, it will most likely be the catalst for finally finishing my scripts rewrite :)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That was the resizing issue, there isn't a new update with the fix available yet.

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

SlySven wrote:Ah, on some platforms the QTime/QTimer(?) used to track that can more than one different "precision" depending on the platform and how it is set up, it might be that we should switch to the QElapsedTimer which has sub-microsecond resolution (which is what I'm switching to for debugging stuff) whereas the QTime/QTimer we have used can have a granularity of only a fraction of a second - it may be that in your specific case the resolution was only around 10ms anyhow!
It happened again. It seems to only trigger after Mudlet's been running for a while, but doesn't reverse. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate the issue. I zoomed the map a bit to get it to swap from 0ms to 10ms, but as before, it measures latencies only in centiseconds. I'll leave Mudlet open for a while still, so if you want me to test anything with it running in that state, let me know.

EDIT: It seems to go back and forth, actually. No idea what triggers it. I'm going to blame this computer needing a reformat (which it does) and write it off as a "feature".
Attachments
Map, system, and network latencies reduced to centisecond resolution.
Map, system, and network latencies reduced to centisecond resolution.
timer_resolution_bug.png (27.17 KiB) Viewed 18524 times

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Hey guys, I'm seeing a regression of this bug - https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+bug/1377401 :
People are reporting that their script are getting wiped on 3.0.0-alpha[1] and beta[2].
This is a regression in 3.0 as it doesn't happen in 2.1. Steps to replicate:

- Select a script with your mouse
- Navigate up or down at least 1 item with your arrow keys
- Switch to any other tab
- Switch back to the original script

Result: original script is blank.

See http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php? ... 779#p21778 for the original report.

[1] http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php? ... 563#p21563

[2] http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php? ... 775#p21774
using the current git code

I pulled a clone from git HEAD on the 26th of May this year using :

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/Mudlet/Mudlet.git Mudlet

Just tested for updates using:

git pull origin master
From https://github.com/Mudlet/Mudlet
 * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up-to-date.

I'm running on the following system:

_,met$$$$$gg.           
      ,g$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P.        OS: Debian 8.0 jessie
    ,g$$P""       """Y$$.".      Kernel: x86_64 Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64
   ,$$P'              `$$$.      Uptime: 143d 6h 56m
  ',$$P       ,ggs.     `$$b:    Packages: 2698
  `d$$'     ,$P"'   .    $$$     Shell: bash 4.3.30
   $$P      d$'     ,    $$P     Resolution: 5760x1080
   $$:      $$.   -    ,d$$'     WM: GNOME Shell
   $$\;      Y$b._   _,d$P'      WM Theme: Adwaita
   Y$$.    `.`"Y$$$$P"'          GTK Theme: Not Found [GTK2], Not Found [GTK3]
   `$$b      "-.__               Icon Theme: Not Found
    `Y$$                         Font: Not Found
     `Y$$.                       CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 CPU @ 3.7GHz
       `$$b.                     RAM: 6116MB / 15765MB
         `Y$$b.                 
            `"Y$b._             
                `""""           
So, in essence, the bug linked to above on launchpad is occurring again, on Mudlet 3.0.1-dev on Debian linux x64.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Use the development branch, master has latest released.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Vadi wrote:Use the development branch, master has latest released.
Still the same issue.

~/Documents/projects/Mudlet$ 
git checkout development
Already on 'development'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/development'.

~/Documents/projects/Mudlet$ git pull origin development
From https://github.com/Mudlet/Mudlet
 * branch            development -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up-to-date.

~/Documents/projects/Mudlet$ git branch
* development

~/Documents/projects/Mudlet/src$ make clean
rm -f qrc_mudlet_alpha.cpp
rm -f moc_ctelnet.cpp moc_dlgAboutDialog.cpp moc_dlgActionMainArea.cpp moc_dlgAliasMainArea.cpp moc_dlgColorTrigger.cpp moc_dlgComposer.cpp moc_dlgConnectionProfiles.cpp moc_dlgIRC.cpp moc_dlgKeysMainArea.cpp moc_dlgMapper.cpp moc_dlgNotepad.cpp moc_dlgPackageExporter.cpp moc_dlgProfilePreferences.cpp moc_dlgRoomExits.cpp moc_dlgScriptsMainArea.cpp moc_dlgSearchArea.cpp moc_dlgSourceEditorArea.cpp moc_dlgSystemMessageArea.cpp moc_dlgTimersMainArea.cpp moc_dlgTriggerEditor.cpp moc_dlgTriggerPatternEdit.cpp moc_dlgTriggersMainArea.cpp moc_dlgVarsMainArea.cpp moc_EAction.cpp moc_exitstreewidget.cpp moc_glwidget.cpp moc_irc.cpp moc_irccodecplugin.cpp moc_irccommand.cpp moc_ircmessage.cpp moc_ircsession.cpp moc_mudlet.cpp moc_T2DMap.cpp moc_TCommandLine.cpp moc_TConsole.cpp moc_TEasyButtonBar.cpp moc_TForkedProcess.cpp moc_THighlighter.cpp moc_TLabel.cpp moc_TLuaInterpreter.cpp moc_TSplitter.cpp moc_TTextEdit.cpp moc_TToolBar.cpp moc_TTreeWidget.cpp
rm -f ui_about_dialog.h ui_actions_main_area.h ui_aliases_main_area.h ui_color_trigger.h ui_composer.h ui_connection_profiles.h ui_dlgPackageExporter.h ui_extended_search_area.h ui_irc.h ui_keybindings_main_area.h ui_main_window.h ui_mapper.h ui_notes_editor.h ui_profile_preferences.h ui_room_exits.h ui_scripts_main_area.h ui_source_editor_area.h ui_system_message_area.h ui_timers_main_area.h ui_triggers_main_area.h ui_trigger_editor.h ui_trigger_pattern_edit.h ui_vars_main_area.h
rm -f ActionUnit.o AliasUnit.o ctelnet.o dlgAboutDialog.o dlgActionMainArea.o dlgAliasMainArea.o dlgColorTrigger.o dlgComposer.o dlgConnectionProfiles.o dlgIRC.o dlgKeysMainArea.o dlgMapper.o dlgNotepad.o dlgPackageExporter.o dlgProfilePreferences.o dlgRoomExits.o dlgScriptsMainArea.o dlgSearchArea.o dlgSourceEditorArea.o dlgSystemMessageArea.o dlgTimersMainArea.o dlgTriggerEditor.o dlgTriggerPatternEdit.o dlgTriggersMainArea.o dlgVarsMainArea.o EAction.o exitstreewidget.o FontManager.o glwidget.o Host.o HostManager.o irc.o irccodecplugin.o irccommand.o ircdecoder.o ircmessage.o ircparser.o ircsender.o ircsession.o ircutil.o KeyUnit.o LuaInterface.o main.o mudlet.o ScriptUnit.o T2DMap.o TAction.o TAlias.o TArea.o TBuffer.o TCommandLine.o TConsole.o TDebug.o TEasyButtonBar.o TFlipButton.o TForkedProcess.o THighlighter.o TimerUnit.o TKey.o TLabel.o TLuaInterpreter.o TMap.o TriggerUnit.o TRoom.o TRoomDB.o TScript.o TSplitter.o TSplitterHandle.o TTextEdit.o TTimer.o TToolBar.o TTreeWidget.o TTreeWidgetItem.o TTrigger.o TVar.o VarUnit.o XMLexport.o XMLimport.o lua_yajl.o qrc_mudlet_alpha.o moc_ctelnet.o moc_dlgAboutDialog.o moc_dlgActionMainArea.o moc_dlgAliasMainArea.o moc_dlgColorTrigger.o moc_dlgComposer.o moc_dlgConnectionProfiles.o moc_dlgIRC.o moc_dlgKeysMainArea.o moc_dlgMapper.o moc_dlgNotepad.o moc_dlgPackageExporter.o moc_dlgProfilePreferences.o moc_dlgRoomExits.o moc_dlgScriptsMainArea.o moc_dlgSearchArea.o moc_dlgSourceEditorArea.o moc_dlgSystemMessageArea.o moc_dlgTimersMainArea.o moc_dlgTriggerEditor.o moc_dlgTriggerPatternEdit.o moc_dlgTriggersMainArea.o moc_dlgVarsMainArea.o moc_EAction.o moc_exitstreewidget.o moc_glwidget.o moc_irc.o moc_irccodecplugin.o moc_irccommand.o moc_ircmessage.o moc_mudlet.o moc_T2DMap.o moc_TCommandLine.o moc_TConsole.o moc_TEasyButtonBar.o moc_TForkedProcess.o moc_THighlighter.o moc_TLabel.o moc_TLuaInterpreter.o moc_TSplitter.o moc_TTextEdit.o moc_TToolBar.o moc_TTreeWidget.o
rm -f *~ core *.core

~/Documents/projects/Mudlet/src$ qmake -v
QMake version 3.0
Using Qt version 5.3.2 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

~/Documents/projects/Mudlet/src$ qmake
Project MESSAGE: mudlet will be installed to /usr/local/bin...
Project MESSAGE: Lua files will be installed to /usr/local/share/mudlet/lua...
Project MESSAGE: Geyser lua files will be installed to /usr/local/share/mudlet/lua/geyser...
~/Documents/projects/Mudlet/src$ make -j 4

... make spam ...
~/Documents/projects/Mudlet/src$ ./mudlet

Result: http://penguincoder.com/output.mkv

Cesarina

Post by Cesarina »

No idea where to report this or what to say about it but Mudlet instantly crashed when I was handed like 10 corpses.

http://pastie.org/private/zcnunx2nuisayvbm1ahcdw

edit: it didn't crash when I mass picked them up, gave them back, or got them again in the same way.
Isolated incident, no idea what caused it. Sorry if this is useless.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

Any chance of another pre-release fixing the annoying resize bug?

daviewart

Post by daviewart »

hello I play Aetolia and I just tried to use this mapper. Sadly when I type MC to map rooms it sends this:
(mapper): Oops! Has a small problem ([string "--mmp_mapping_newroom..."]:176: attempt to index
field 'envids' (a nil value)).
view steps
(mapper):
When I click the view steps I see this:
stack traceback:
[string "--mmp_mapping_newroom..."]:201: in function <[string "--mmp_mapping_newroom..."]:199>
[string "--mmp_mapping_newroom..."]:176: in function <[string "--mmp_mapping_newroom..."]:59>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
[string "--mmp_mapping_newroom..."]:59: in function <[string "--mmp_mapping_newroom..."]:58>
Please help I am confused and new to coding :(

daviewart

Post by daviewart »

Anyone seen this before as I still can not figure it out :(