Vadi

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)

Post by Vadi »

Agreed, it should be returned.

Nemutaur

Post by Nemutaur »

Hi.

Just wanted to chime in as a MacbookPro (with Retina Display) user. Mudlet doesn't seem to remember what size you left your window as, so its always centered and half size for me. When I then drag it to the size I want it'll mess up the background of the non MUD Output windows a little. They Should be grey and not black, that happens when you resize the window. (http://cl.ly/image/1V030s1Y1e0Z)

Also the text in the MUD output itself is still not optimized for Retina displays. But the Text in the Script Editor finally is, that looks nice and smooth while the text in the MUD Output is still pixely. Sorry about the screenshot size, I think that's a side effect of Retina displays or something. (http://cl.ly/image/3a3B3t0Y3O1t). But for some reason text shown in Geyser Labels looks much smoother (http://cl.ly/image/320v3M2J1H2h).

Hope this helps and feel free to send me a PM if you need help with Mac testing.

valaria

Post by valaria »

that is probably because unlike those you saw that has smooth fonts that are QT'S widget whileas that mud output is the custom widget that was made that are not part of QT'S standard library. Just my two cents on this.

Urswick

Post by Urswick »

Curious if the script deletion problem has been addressed/fixed? Thanks!

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Chris (I think) has something in the pipeline to address the problem...

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Vadi wrote:Agreed, it should be returned.
Um, actually checking back I cannot find where the quick entry to send to MUD Server on button press/"on", and for "click-down" buttons press/"off" was removed from the UI {./src/ui/actions_main_area.ui} - the relevant data is stored in (TAction *)->mCommandButtonDown & (TAction *)->mCommandButtonUp and the infrastructure is still there to send out the contents in (void)TAction::_execute( QStringList & list ) but there is currently no access to these to remove/edit existing entries from or add to, profiles from what must have been an ancient version of, the Mudlet application. There is remnants of code to set them in TLuaInterpreter::tempButton() but they are no longer set from the passed arguments and only ever get an empty string assigned to them.

These items correspond to the "send plain text:" item on the Triggers Editor Screen, "Substitution:" on the Alias Editor Screen, "Command:" on the Timers Editor Screen and "Command:" on the Keys Editor Screen. My previous comment about missing them must have related to a prototype UI overhaul that I tried to do for myself that restored them.

Do we want to restore these to the UI? Their effect can be implemented for new and existing buttons by
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
send("<stuff>")
for the plain click button and
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
if getButtonState() == 2 then
    send("<on button stuff>")
else
    send("<off button stuff>")
end
for the click down one.

The only issue is (very) old profiles which could probably have been repaired by deleting existing buttons and replacing them with ones with the above sort of script efforts.

Jacen

Post by Jacen »

I might have missed this, but my mapper isn't interactive when I embed it into the gui. It appears to be fully functional when its a separate window, but when I embed it I can't zoom, pan, select rooms, or anything. Totally noninteractive.

Solutions?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Sounds like you've got a transparent label overlaying it. Is this a new issue in 3.0 that is not present in 2.1?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Urswick wrote:Curious if the script deletion problem has been addressed/fixed? Thanks!
This is now addressed, see http://www.mudlet.org/2015/01/mudlet-3- ... preview-3/

Jacen

Post by Jacen »

Vadi wrote:Sounds like you've got a transparent label overlaying it. Is this a new issue in 3.0 that is not present in 2.1?
I have it sitting on top of a label. If I hide the underlying label, the mapper is interactive again. If I show the underlying label, then hide/show the mapper, the mapper is noninteractive.

It is new to 3.0. I brought my 2.1 profile straight over without modification, and the mapper became noninteractive.