Mudbot on linux

A category for whatever! Can be Mudlet-related or offtopic.
icester

Mudbot on linux

Post by icester »

I been searching every possible place I can to try and find information on this so I thought to ask on here for a wild shot in the dark...

Does anyone have the Mudbot/Mbcore build for linux? OR happen to know how to complie it for ubuntu??

keneanung
Site Admin
Discord: keneanung#2803

Re: Mudbot on linux

Post by keneanung »

I maintained the (Achaean) mudbot code for quite some time on an Ubuntu machine (and still fix bugs, if they are reported).

I don't know if there is still a Linux build available, but you can easily compile it. Get the sources from https://code.launchpad.net/~vadi-mapper ... per/mudbot

In there you can find a script "installDev.sh" which should install all dependencies. After that, the script make-mapper-linux.sh should build it.

EDIT: If you know what you're doing, you can also cherrypick the dependencies from the installDev file. One of the more recent changes for example was to make the core independent of a special jansson version. So it _should_ work with the version that gets installed via apt as well.

For more questions, feel free to ask!

icester

Post by icester »

thanks for the reply!

I have the source code from the Aetolia one but each time I go to complie it I keep getting errors thrown back at me, so I'm kind of at a lost on how to complie it :(

Sorry first time Ive ever used Ubuntu

keneanung
Site Admin
Discord: keneanung#2803

Post by keneanung »

If you point me to the source, I can try and compile it, when I find the time.