How I Feel...

A category for whatever! Can be Mudlet-related or offtopic.
Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

How I Feel...

Post by Belgarath »

This is how I imagine my reaction to when Mudlet 3.0 is released.
I just thought I'd share it with the community, as I hope many of you will find it to be the same!

(and, ahem, any new updates on the release, Mudlet team?!)

EDIT: If the pictures doesn't show up for you, here is the link.
Last edited by Belgarath on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vadi

Re: How I Feel...

Post by Vadi »

The picture doesn't work.

We're working on it; there is progress. We'll release it when we're confident it is ready both feature and quality wise :)

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

Yay! Can't wait. And I added the link in case the pic doesn't show up. Weird though because it shows up for me.

xabre

Post by xabre »

Alright, I know this is the first Qt5 release, and I know it's only RC1, but...what worries me is that most of bugs I've found seem to be Qt5 bugs, not Mudlet bugs. First of all, default Qt5 theme/stlye is so freaking bugged, and I doubt anything can be done other than wait for new and hopefully fixed version or new Qt5 themes to appear. Complete Qt Style Sheet seems like a mess. For example, if I add border and border radius to a gauge (making it round), whole gauge will only update if I click (!?!?) on the gauge. That all used to work perfectly in 2.1.

I understand that switch to Qt5 is something that needs and must be done sooner or later, just that I have this ugly feeling it may be bit too soon. We'll see. We all hope for the best.

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

You can also just redraw the element to get around that bug. Far from ideal, but in the circumstances and until QT can get their shit together...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

xabre wrote: Alright, I know this is the first Qt5 release, and I know it's only RC1, but...what worries me is that most of bugs I've found seem to be Qt5 bugs, not Mudlet bugs. First of all, default Qt5 theme/stlye is so freaking bugged, and I doubt anything can be done other than wait for new and hopefully fixed version or new Qt5 themes to appear. Complete Qt Style Sheet seems like a mess. For example, if I add border and border radius to a gauge (making it round), whole gauge will only update if I click (!?!?) on the gauge. That all used to work perfectly in 2.1.

I understand that switch to Qt5 is something that needs and must be done sooner or later, just that I have this ugly feeling it may be bit too soon. We'll see. We all hope for the best.
Please report all things individually to bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+filebug. We won't release until we've got everything sorted out, as the upgrade was meant to be an improvement (fonts in Qt4 were starting to suck...) not a degradation of experience.