Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)

Vadi

Re: Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)

Post by Vadi »

You wouldn't be able to type C then - you can't do this in all versions of Mudlet.

tibitha

Post by tibitha »

Hey, I'm having an issue with Mudlet 3 and the clipboard. Randomly it just stop working. I can copy copy from mudlet into itself but I can't copy from say notepad into mudlet (either the send box or the script panel) or from mudlet into anything else.

I've checked, the copied stuff can be pasted into other notepad window or the browser, no issue, there's just no paste option in Mudlet.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I also have an error coming up on every line:
[ERROR:] object:<JSON decoder error:> function:<json_to_value>
<Lua error:InvalidJSONInput: parse error: premature EOF

(right here) -------^
at ..\src\lua_yajl.c line 318>

Drevarr

Post by Drevarr »

I am experiencing an odd issue with HTML logging. The logs are not reflecting what I see live, in that some lines are replicated up to 10x and the second line of my prompt is duplicated. Playback from DAT and live sessions are normal.

Example: HTML Log snip

Slayd

Post by Slayd »

Getting crash after crash using the mapper with MSDP on SlothMud. I've attached the last crash report.

OSX 10.10, Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)
Attachments
SlothMud MSDP mapper crash.txt
(63.17 KiB) Downloaded 587 times

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

tibitha wrote:Hey, I'm having an issue with Mudlet 3 and the clipboard. Randomly it just stop working. I can copy copy from mudlet into itself but I can't copy from say notepad into mudlet (either the send box or the script panel) or from mudlet into anything else.

I've checked, the copied stuff can be pasted into other notepad window or the browser, no issue, there's just no paste option in Mudlet.

(right here) -------^
In regards to the clipboard - I think other people mentioned it was an AV issue or something else that was blocking Mudlet.

JSON - which game are you playing, does it always happen?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Drevarr wrote:I am experiencing an odd issue with HTML logging. The logs are not reflecting what I see live, in that some lines are replicated up to 10x and the second line of my prompt is duplicated. Playback from DAT and live sessions are normal.

Example: HTML Log snip
Do you do any gagging/substitution etc? I think the issue might lie there. Getting a simple test case that can reproduce the problem will be a big help.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Slayd wrote:Getting crash after crash using the mapper with MSDP on SlothMud. I've attached the last crash report.

OSX 10.10, Mudlet 3.0.0-beta (preview #2)
Thanks, we'll have a look!

Is there a way I can reproduce this?

Slayd

Post by Slayd »

The problem seems to happen randomly, but when the crash happens with the mapping, I am usually involved in moving a room on the map. Occasionally, I will have one room superimposed on another room. When I select those rooms with a single click, I will get a dropdown listing the vnums of the rooms that are stacked. Sometimes I can select one of the rooms to move it off the visual stack, other times I will get a crash.

Mapping is not the only time I will get a crash. I also get the rainbow wheel/crash at times when I am in the editor and just trying to open a folder of aliases.

Is 3.0.0 doing something different with ui widgets than 2.1?

Again, I'm using OSX 10.10

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah it would be, we moved from Qt4 to Qt5 which is a major rewrite in Qt - so widgets might or might not have been affected.

tibitha

Post by tibitha »

Vadi wrote:
tibitha wrote:Hey, I'm having an issue with Mudlet 3 and the clipboard. Randomly it just stop working. I can copy copy from mudlet into itself but I can't copy from say notepad into mudlet (either the send box or the script panel) or from mudlet into anything else.

(right here) -------^
In regards to the clipboard - I think other people mentioned it was an AV issue or something else that was blocking Mudlet.

JSON - which game are you playing, does it always happen?
Okay ill try see if turning my AV off works.

Im playing Achaea and yes always, constantly.