The Geyser Layout Manager

Geyser is an object oriented framework for creating, updating and organizing GUI elements within Mudlet.
guy

The Geyser Layout Manager

Post by guy »

[Edit 20 Mar 10] Updated Geyser.xml package file with new color and Label:echo support. See the bugs/requests thread for details.

Here is the Geyser Layout Manager.
GeyserOverview.pdf
(113.43 KiB) Downloaded 3641 times
In essence, Geyser is an object oriented framework to handle Mudlet windows. That means, once you create a window and tell it were to go, Geyser will handle moving/resizing it as necessary during window resize events. But that's not all it does.

To get a good feel for it, run the Geyser.demo1() function, click on the buttons it creates and resize your Mudlet window.

It's not 100% fully functional, but has more than enough to get started using. I've tried to keep the design straightforward enough that it should be easy for others to extend. Of course suggestions are welcome! I just started learning Lua after downloading Mudlet a few weeks ago, and so there are likely areas for improvement in terms of efficiency and good lua style.

Enjoy,
guy
Attachments
Geyser.xml
(49.06 KiB) Downloaded 1362 times
GeyserDoc.zip
This contains API type documentation for all the classes, methods and functions in Geyser. The comments are the same as in the code, just easier to read.
(21.4 KiB) Downloaded 1274 times
Last edited by guy on Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vadi

Re: The Geyser Layout Manager

Post by Vadi »

I created a subforum for this, as it is a rather big and very useful project.

I'm impressed, this is a great start and the professionalism is impressive.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Converted my label w/ image (I guess the there needs to be an extended label in Geyser that overcomes the limitation of labels only having an image or text) to Geyser, and it's quite nice:

http://www.ubuntu-pics.de/bild/47157/sc ... 3czd41.png

versus

http://www.ubuntu-pics.de/bild/47158/sc ... fzcn2p.png

naftali

Post by naftali »

Methinks the PDF is broken, both Adobe and Preview said they couldn't open it. Downloaded it a couple times, so I'm pretty sure it's your PDF not my computer. Anybody else having this problem?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Nope, opened fine here on Ubuntu and Google Docs.

guy

Post by guy »

Vadi wrote:I created a subforum for this, as it is a rather big and very useful project.

I'm impressed, this is a great start and the professionalism is impressive.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I've read your other posts, but I'm really busy this week and won't have time to work on it much.

naftali

Post by naftali »

Huh, you're right - firefox broke it, google chrome got it fine. My apologies.

sephiel

Post by sephiel »

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to set the text colour for gauges at the moment? Just curious.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah, doc says Gauges have a set_color() function.

Note that this means to Geysers gauges, not the gauges that are in Mudlet. So you need to import the xml script attached above

sephiel

Post by sephiel »

No, I get that, I've been playing around with Geyser for about an hour and it looks awesome. The set_color() function only sets the gauge colour itself though, and the text parameter seems to set the actual text to display on the gauge. I was hoping for a way to change the colour of the gauge's text, though.